And They're Off...
For Immediate Release - April 2004
"A fantastic horse racing game - own, train and even bet on your horses!" - John McCririck.
Focus Multimedia are set to release John McCririck's Starters Orders - a realistic PC horse racing game with unrivalled accuracy and simulation detail that lets you own, train, ride, and bet on horses at over 40 popular racecourses worldwide including Arlington, Ascot, Flemington, Newmarket and Tokyo.
Created by the author of the Stable Masters series, the primary aim was to create a horse racing game to bring the challenges of form analysis and betting to life. Endorsed by well known racing guru John McCririck - Channel 4's racing resident form and betting specialist, Starters Orders not only emulates all that is fun about racing but also appeals to a worldwide racing audience.
Train the horses yourself or let your PC do it for you! Bid at the auctions for additional horses or sell one of your own horses to generate extra cash, but make sure you keep a close eye on your finances - jockeys and race entry fees can soon add up. View current race details and entries then analyse the form before you place your bet.
On race day watch as your horse takes to the field and see whether your hard work has paid off. Will your horse be the first to cross the finishing line? Even take to the saddle yourself, assess the competition, judge the pace of the race then make your move.
It's a great game to play with friends using multi-player mode. Take it in turns to bet on the horses and see who can be first to win £1 million.
Experience the thrills of horse racing with John McCririck's Starters Orders and bring the challenges of form analysis and betting to life!
"We are looking forward to working with new licensing partner Strategic Designs", commented Craig Johnson, Managing Director of Focus Multimedia Ltd, "the introduction of a horse racing program into our £9.99 Essential games category helps to further underline our commitment in providing games at an affordable price point that will appeal to the widest audience possible."
Mark Loveday - developer of the program added " Strategic Designs is looking forward to partnering with Focus Multimedia to bring our acclaimed horse racing management sim Starters Orders into retail. Focus, with their excellent reputation for providing affordable, quality entertainment software and Strategic Designs, the leading developer of horse racing management sims is odds on to become a winning partnership!"
- Realistic race calendar featuring key UK and key foreign races on over 40 simulated racecourses (including Turf and Dirt) complete with stats and course information.
- 3 different game modes - punter match, training game or jockey mode.
- All major race types accurately simulated including handicaps, group races, selling/claiming races and maidens with fields of up to 30 runners.
- Exciting race sequence with zoom options, weather effects and overhead course 'radar' view.
- Detailed and accurate Racecards for every race.
- Dynamic real time formbook - stores up to 5 years of game results.
- Select either furlongs/fraction odds (UK) or Metric/decimal odds (rest of the world).
- Advance Declarations complete with filters for browsing upcoming races.
- Realistic and statistically accurate betting model.
- Dynamic race world with new 2 year old horses joining and older horses retiring every season.
- Non-triers, Stewards enquiries and fines.
John McCririck's Starters Orders will be available in DVD style packaging from 19th April 2004, priced at £9.99.
About Focus Multimedia
Focus Multimedia is the leading PC CD-ROM budget software publisher by value in UK retail (Source: Chart Track), specialising in high quality, affordable PC CD-ROMs aimed at both children and adults. The Focus Essential range consists of over 150 titles priced at £9.99 each in 9 different categories - including Games, Lifestyle, Creativity, Knowledge and Travel. Focus Multimedia has distribution channels into major retail outlets such as PC World, WHSmith, Staples, Game, via the Internet through www.amazon.co.uk as well as non-traditional chains.
For further information please contact:
Jenny Humphreys - PR & Marketing Manager
Emma Warburton - PR & Marketing Executive
Lucy Carter - PR & Marketing Executive
Kate Vigar - PR & Marketing Executive
Tel: +44 (0) 1889 570156
Fax: +44 (0) 1889 583571