A30 Cross-Gaming Headset
Lightweight, cross-platform, pro-quality cans for gamers on the move.
SAN FRANCISCO – MARCH 15, 2010 – ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional gamers, have launched the ASTRO A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, a professional grade cross-gaming platform audio solution for gamers on-the-go. The ASTRO A30 Cross-Gaming Headset delivers tournament-level audio quality and enables crystal-clear voice communication across all a range of digital entertainment based devices including, video gaming consoles (Xbox 360, PlayStation & Wii), PCs (laptops and desktops) and mobile devices (like Sony PSP, Go, Nintendo DS, Apple iPhone, etc.) in a lightweight and street smart design. All ASTRO Gaming products are available directly through the company website at: www.astrogaming.com.
“We’ve taken the DNA from ASTRO’s tournament-proven A40 pro gaming headset and injected features like our superior audio and voice communication technologies into a smaller, more lifestyle driven headset for gamers on-the-go,” said Brett Lovelady, Founder of ASTRO Gaming. “With the A30’s, you can play and chat at home through consoles and PCs, and then take it on the road, using A30s to listen to music and take phone calls on a smart phone, or play the latest portable video game systems with game quality sound. With so much flexibility, the A30 is simply the best cross-gaming, mobile savvy headset on the market.”
The ASTRO A30 Cross-Gaming Headset is the first audio equipment designed specifically to move freely between mobile, console and PC gaming platforms, as well as across all forms of digital entertainment. True to its cross-gaming claim, the highly portable, on-ear A30 headset comes with three audio cables for easy connection to a variety of mobile devices, gaming consoles and PCs. Building off the success of ASTRO’s tournament-proven A40 pro headset, the A30 is also fully compatible with ASTRO’s award-winning Dolby 5.1 powered ASTRO MixAmp™, the audio engine that seamlessly blends voice and game sounds.
“The A30s closed-ear design and street savvy styling lets gamers play out in public and still look great while doing it,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “And as with the ASTRO A40s before them, the ASTRO A30 Cross-Gaming Headset will allow users to fully customize the speaker tags with their own artwork or with our pre-loaded imagery. Clans and guilds can create tags for team members with group logos while other artistically inclined users can upload their own designs to make a unique personalized statement.”
• Award-Winning ASTRO Gaming Sound and Voice Communication: The ASTRO A30 uses “ASTRO Audio” DNA from the pro-gamer-proven A40 (the official headset of Major League Gaming, www.MLGpro.com).
• Dual Mic System: The removable boom mic provides perfect voice communication for tournament play or home play, while the in-line mic allows for on-the-go phone conversations or internet chatting through handheld devices.
• Comfortable, Lightweight On-Ear Design: The ASTRO A30s are designed to be used outside in the real-world, with noise-reducing closed backs and a street smart, customizable design.
• Interchangeable Speaker Tags: As with the original A40 design, the ASTRO A30 headset features removable and customizable speaker tags that can be designed online to create a unique look for teams, clans, guilds or simply for pure personal expression.
• Ballistic Nylon Travel Case: The A30s come standard with a backpack friendly, protective case for traveling to tournaments or a friend’s house.
• ASTRO MixAmp Compatible: The ASTRO A30 headset is fully compatible with the ASTRO MixAmp system, which allows for full voice communication features across gaming consoles and personal computers.
• Cross-Gaming Cabling Included: The ASTRO A30 ships with three length appropriate audio cables standard to enable the headset’s superior audio across mobile, PC and gaming consoles.
The ASTRO A30 Cross-Gaming Headset is now available in black and white colorways via ASTRO Gaming’s web site at www.astrogaming.com for $149.95. The headset is available alone or as bundle with ASTRO’s award winning MixAmp for advanced voice chat capabilities on consoles and PC, for $229.95.
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, leagues, gaming enthusiasts and their lifestyles. Spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Microsoft Xbox 360™, Alienware PCs, and HP’s Gaming PCs, ASTRO Gaming produces a line of gamer-centric "tech-life" products, supporting this rapidly growing community. ASTRO Gaming’s product line includes the A40 Audio System, the Official Licensed Headset of Major League Gaming, the A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, and the Transport Series of gaming gear bags.
All ASTRO Gaming products are available for direct acquisition from the company website at: http://www.astrogaming.com