2K Sports Europe, Windsor - Oct 4th, 2005 - 2K Sports, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced its winter line-up of sports titles that will be highlighted at X05 in Amsterdam on Oct 4-5, 2005. Always setting the standard in visual quality and exciting innovation, the 2K Sports X05 line-up features titles developed for the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
"I'm extremely excited about X05 as it gives us a chance to show off an incredible line-up under an exciting new brand - 2K Sports. The 2K line of products has always been rated among the best and now we have a brand that recognises this legacy," said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "This year, the 2K Sports line-up has grown significantly and features titles produced in our internal studios by Visual Concepts, Kush Games and Indie Built. Each of these studios has developed award-winning sports titles and they are committed to delivering the most realistic and entertaining sports experience possible."
Top Spin 2
Platform: Xbox 360
One of the top Xbox sports games in both sales and popularity returns for another victory on Xbox 360. Everything you loved about Top Spin is back and made even better. The peerless player-creator is reborn with the powerful Digital Identity that truly puts you in the game. Experience the pro tour in venues that are alive and dynamic with environmental elements that react to your play. Characters are even more stunning with the addition of HD technology and the inclusion of the top players in the world like Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt and Roger Federer. Put it all online and you once again have the greatest tennis game ever created.
- Digital Identity - Create realistic player models and customize them with the highest level of details. Hairstyles, shirts, shorts, shoes, etc. allow you to create a player with your look and your style. Coupled with the ability to taunt your opponents with different attitudes, Top Spin 2 truly gives your player his own Digital Identity.
- Breathtaking Visuals - Silky smooth animations, vibrant colors, and shockingly high resolutions deliver illustrious depictions of players, stadiums, crowds, and tracksides. Top Spin 2 is assured to provide an unmatched tennis experience.
- Grand Slam Mode - Becoming a top ranked tennis pro requires constant dedication, solid preparation, and near-perfect execution. Grand Slam mode emulates all of the essential components of developing into a world-class tennis star. Over the span of multiple seasons, coach your player through training camps, junior championships, sponsored tournaments, and all four Grand Slam events.
- Best of the Best - Take on, play as, or team up with 24 of the world's top ranked professionals, featuring tennis stars: Andy Roddick, Roger Federer, Carlos Moya, Tommy Haas, James Blake, Lleyton Hewitt, Guillermo Coria, Tim Henman, Max Mirnyi, Alex Kuznetsov, Brendan Evans, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Ai Sugiyama, Lindsay Davenport, Anastasia Myskina, Elena Demetieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Amelie Mauresmo, Alicia Molik, Angela Haynes, Jamea Jackson, and Corina Morariu.
- Innovative Gameplay - Top Spin 2 lets you play your style of tennis by providing a variety of shots including slices, drops, chops, lobs, and drives. In addition to these fundamental shot types, Top Spin 2 adds depth with a number of risk shots and advanced controls-giving you total freedom to pick apart your opponent piece by piece.
For more information on 2K Sports titles, please visit www.2ksports.com.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) system, the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCubeTM, Nintendo DSTM and Game Boy® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K Games, 2K Sports and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands) and Auckland. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Take 2 UK
Take 2 France
Take 2 Germany
Take 2 Spain
Take 2 Italy
Take 2 Benelux
Take 2 Scandinavia