2K Sports Europe, Windsor - Oct 4th, 2005 - 2K Sports, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced its winter line-up of sports titles that will be highlighted at X05 in Amsterdam on Oct 4-5, 2005. Always setting the standard in visual quality and exciting innovation, the 2K Sports' X05 line-up features titles developed for the Xbox® and Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft.
"I'm extremely excited about X05 as it gives us a chance to show off an incredible line-up under an exciting new brand - 2K Sports. The 2K line of products has always been rated among the best and now we have a brand that recognises this legacy," said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "This year, the 2K Sports line-up has grown significantly and features titles produced in our internal studios by Visual Concepts, Kush Games and Indie Built. Each of these studios has developed award-winning sports titles and they are committed to delivering the most realistic and entertaining sports experience possible."
Xbox and Xbox 360
NBA 2K6 hits the hardwood with all the ingredients necessary to continue its reign as the No. 1 rated pro basketball game***. Players elevate their game by utilizing the innovative V.I.P. SystemTM to challenge profiles of friends and other NBA 2K6 gamers across the country that match their gameplay tendencies down to the last detail. With the industry leading online experience and unrivaled franchise control, NBA 2K6 offers the most comprehensive and entertaining roundball experience anywhere.
- Xbox 360-Exclusive Features -
o NBA Player Models come to life as never seen before with revolutionary new graphic technology featuring all-new animations, muscle driven body morphs, ultra high- resolution detail, player sweat technology and realistic player head-and-eye tracking.
o True-Life cloth simulation technology delivers the most remarkable lifelike cloth movement system on player's' shorts and jerseys.
o The power of the Xbox 360 creates dramatic new lighting techniques including bounce lighting, high dynamic range, and authentic arena lighting arrays sampled from actual NBA basketball arenas to recreate extraordinarily detailed and lifelike in-stadium atmospheres filled with over 10,000 individual crowd models.
o New dramatic broadcast style brings electric NBA action through new dynamic camera work, new camera perspective closer to the action, and depth of field effects.
o The most current player transactions, off-season movement, and rookie signings for upcoming 2005-2006 NBA season.
- Shot Stick - Control the direction of your shot with the right analog stick. Pull off runners, fade-aways, finger rolls and dunks with a flick of the stick.
- Dual Player Control - Set teammates into motion for alley-oops, give and gos, or to hit an open man for a 3-point play with the touch of the d-pad.
- Strip n Rip System - Direction-specific stealing controls let players anticipate passes by jumping into passing lanes to deflect or intercept a pass, as well as strip the ball from a player driving to the hoop or a player with weak hands coming down with the rebound.
- V.I.P. SystemTM - After your game, save your friends' profiles to compete when they're not available! Learn their tendencies, moves, and logic for more heated battles. Get the upper hand in online tournaments by downloading other players' VIP profiles.
- The CribTM - New to NBA 2K6 this year, you can now earn crib credits with every game you play to deck out your crib, buy music, or play mini-games.
- 24/7: Road to the EBC - Take to the streets of Harlem in the Entertainer's Basketball Classic to play against NBA players and Def Jam Celebrities including Redman, Method Man, Flavor Flav, and many other special guests.
- The Association - The deepest franchise in the business just got deeper. Take total control of your NBA franchise by hiring your own coaching staff, scouting top draft picks year-round, developing individual player skills with multiple in game-drills, and optimizing your team chemistry with team workouts. With continuous stat tracking including league injuries, trades, winning streaks, league leaders, playoff races, and post season awards - you will never be uninformed.
For more information on 2K Sports titles, please visit www.2ksports.com.
***According to GameRankings.com average scores of 2004-2005 pro basketball video games
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) system, the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCubeTM, Nintendo DSTM and Game Boy® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K Games, 2K Sports and Global Star Software; and distributes products in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands) and Auckland. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
NBA is the trademark of its respective owners and is used with permission.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications used on or in this product are trademarks, copyrighted designs and other forms of intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. ® 2005 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights
Take 2 UK
Take 2 France
Take 2 Germany
Take 2 Spain
Take 2 Italy
Take 2 Benelux
Warner Guinée email@example.com
Take 2 Scandinavia