*** PRESS RELEASE ***
May 16th, 2006
In cooperation with Hussar Games, Battlefront.com is thrilled to release "1848", a turn based strategy game for the PC. In a unique and exciting twist however, "1848", the full and complete version, is available to the gaming public, TOTALLY FREE!
Link to download page:
1848 - GAME BACKGROUND
"1848" is set during the violent era of the Hungarian Independence War of 1848-49. 1848 was a year of revolutions. Most of the uprisings were crushed quickly, but Hungary was an exception. In the spring of 1849 the Hungarian army seized victory from the Austrians and liberated the entire nation but victory was short and sweet - in the summer the Tsar of Russia intervened with 200,000 troops. In history, this force could not be stopped. The player of 1848 has a chance to change history...
The game was sponsored by the Hungarian Ministry of Education and the Hungarian version was released for the anniversary of 1848 in March 2005. It was a huge success in Hungary: in a country of 10 million people, the game had more then 100,000 downloads. The free fully localized English version, published by Battlefront.com, includes a number of changes and refinements (e.g. an overhauled graphical interface) and bug fixes (e.g. an important fix to TCP/IP play).
The sequel to 1848, "For Liberty!" featuring the American Revolutionary War, is already in development and has been announced for a release on the 4th of July, 2006.
1848 - GAME FEATURES
- Full Game is FREE TO THE PUBLIC
- Turn based strategy 1 turn = 1 week
- The game takes place in Central Europe in the Carpathian basin, within the borders of the Austrian Empire Large resolution (4000x2600 pixel) map, based on contemporary maps of the region
- 14 different unit types including infantry, militia, cuirassier, hussar, Cossacks, siege artillery and more
- 3 nations: Hungary, Austria and Russia
- 100 generals, many with authentic historical portraits Authentic period music Dynamic weather system Easy-to-use intuitive interface Multiplayer support via Play By Email, LAN (TCP/IP), and Hotseat
For more information about the game, please visit:
(do not print below this line)
1848 - MIRROR REQUIREMENTS
Please contact us directly if you would like to host the free full version download or include it as covermount in your magazine, but since this is a FULL copyrighted version, the permission to do it is not automatic. Please reply to this email to apply to host/publish the file. In general, most applications will be granted in return for a prominent mention of the game in your publication. It is also a requirement to mention that this game, "1848", serves as a promotion for our upcoming game, "For Liberty!" which depicts the American Revolutionary War."For Liberty" is scheduled for release on July 4th, 2006 to mark the 230th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. "For Liberty" will be a normal commercial release for only $35.
Questions? Email email@example.com for answers!