Evolve picks up Best of Gamescom award
Turtle Rock's shooter has now won top awards at both E3 and Gamescom
Turtle Rock's Evolve has added to its awards haul from E3 with five wins at Gamescom.
Evolve, which will be published by 2K Games, won the Best of Gamescom award, the equivalent to the Best of Show trophy it picked up at E3 earlier in the summer.
It also won Best Action Game, Best Online Multiplayer, Best PC Game and Best Xbox Game. The awards were judged by a panel of experts from the games industry and the games press.
However, Gamescom has one award where the public gets to decide: the Most Wanted Consumer Award, which, this year, went to Super Smash Bros on Nintendo's Wii U console. It will be released in November.
The full list of awards:
Best of Gamescom Award: Evolve
- Most Wanted Consumer Award: Super Smash Bros.
- Best Console Game Sony PlayStation: The Evil Within
- Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox: Evolve
- Best Console Game Nintendo Wii: Splatoon
- Best Role Playing Game: Risen 3
- Best Action Game: Evolve
- Best Simulation Game: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
- Best Sports Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
- Best Family Game: LittleBigPlanet 3
- Best PC Game: Evolve
- Best Mobile Game: Super Smash Bros. 3DS
- Best Social / Casual / Online Game: LittleBigPlanet 3
- Best Online Multiplayer Game: Evolve
- Best Hardware (incl. peripherals): Oculus Rift DK2
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola