Super Mario Galaxy for the Nintendo Wii has rocketed into the Japanese software chart at number one, selling over a quarter of a million units in its first week on sale, according to the latest data from Media Create.
That represents a number that's almost equal to the rest of the top ten put together, despite Ace Combat 6 entering the chart at number two, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 continuing to sell well.
The Xbox 360 flying action game sold 77,000 units, and was one of three titles in the top 30 for Microsoft's platform, otherwise dominated for the most part by DS, which accounted for over half of titles.
The full list is as follows:
1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (360)
3. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
4. Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander the 2nd (PS2)
5. DS Literature Collection (DS)
6. DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series: Deadly Intent (DS)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (DS)
9. World Soccer Winning Eleven DS: Goal to Goal (DS)
10. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Time Expedition Party (DS)