London (19th May 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY TACTICS® A2: Grimoire of the Rift™ will be released across PAL territories on 27th June 2008 exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ handheld system.
Lead your party to victory across the famous world of Ivalice! FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift turns your Nintendo DS into a tactical battlefield where you can take control of a clan of fighters, mages and more. Summon mighty Scions and Espers to overcome the challenges that await, fulfil your destiny and return home victorious!
With victory comes fame. Earn a reputation for your clan as you win battles and a whole new level of party customisation will open for you to enjoy. The stunning visuals, special effects, and orchestral soundtrack in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift immerse you in the world, while the soundtrack narrates the famous adventures and triumphs of your clan.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “To our fans’ delight, fun strategy gameplay and an engaging story come together in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Nintendo DS users will be able to enjoy a tactical and epic adventure while exploring the world of Ivalice. This is a deep and absorbing title that I hope everyone will find time to enjoy this summer.”
About FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Our tale begins as Luso, an energetic young boy, discovers a mysterious book whilst tidying the library as a punishment for his latest episode of light-hearted mischief. He opens the book and is transported to another world called Ivalice. Before he can catch his breath, he finds himself joining a clan led by a friendly, if gruff, man named Cid. With his new clan at his side, he sets out to find a way home…
• Enjoy turn-based, tactical battles on isometric 2D maps set in the hugely popular FINAL FANTASY® universe
• Lead a clan of fighters, mages and more as you explore the world of Ivalice, the setting of FINAL FANTASY XII
• Battle enemies with steel, magick and summoned monsters
• Amazing graphics with special effects that push the limits of the Nintendo DS
• Immersive soundtrack from the composer of FINAL FANTASY XII
• Endless variety and customization with over 50 available jobs – more than any other FINAL FANTASY game
• More than 300 quests provide hours upon hours of gameplay
• Enhanced Law System that rewards players for upholding the law with bonuses during and after battle
• Compete with rival clans to claim territory in the unique Auction mini-game
• Includes touch screen functionality, a feature not included in the original Japanese version
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 43 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, GRIMOIRE OF THE RIFT, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in United Kingdom and/or other countries. NINTENDO DS IS A TRADEMARK OF NINTENDO. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.