To stay ahead of the game, you need to innovate, and innovation is best done through coming together as an industry, to connect, share and create -- and this is what we'll be doing at Esports BAR Cannes on October 13th to 15th.
Esports BAR Cannes is a global event for leaders in the esports industry. Now in its fifth edition, it provides you with the perfect platform to do business, accelerate long-term partnerships and expand globally -- all over three insightful, productive and fun days on the French Riviera, with health and safety guidelines in place.
As a reflection of the rise in importance of esports as part of the entertainment industry, and as a special for this year, Esports BAR Cannes 2021 is being held alongside MIPCOM (October 11th - 14th), the world's leading entertainment content market.
Not only is this year's edition about doing business like never before, especially after so many long months of lockdown; but it's also about gathering together the world's esports community to shape the future of one of the world's fast-growing industries.
Who's going to be at Esports BAR Cannes 2021
For this October, we're looking forward to welcoming over 500 delegates representing some 260 companies, including over 25 consumer brands, from around the world. The setting is in Cannes, made famous by the Cannes Film Festival and with beautiful sea views across the Mediterranean.
Consumer brands already signed up include AB InBev, Barilla, Le Coq Sportif, Mastercard, Telepizza. The big names in esports are: BBL Esports, Challengermode, EA Sports, Easylive.io, Epulze, Esports Charts, Fantasyexpo, Fnatic, Freaks 4U Gaming, G-Loot, Helios Gaming, MTG Group, Starladder, Team Queso, Tencent Games. Tech & telecom companies: Epos, Tobii, Telstra, Ross Video. Professional services: Bird & Bird. Investors: Trust Esport Ventures.
Read on below to find out more about the Conference Programme and the two types of passes: the VIP Arena Pass (with access to the 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme) and the Forum Delegate Pass (to the Mentorship Programme).
The Esports BAR Conference Programme
At the heart of Esports BAR Cannes is the Conference Programme. This year, over 50 speakers share their knowledge, experience and business case studies with a focus on 5 key themes - Monetisation, Innovation, Investment, Audiences and Society.
This year's speakers include the likes of:
• Philippe Laurent, CEO, easylive.io (streaming production studio)
• Paul Johnson, VP commercialisation, Electronic Arts (global digital interactive entertainment company)
• Ivan Danishevksy, founder, Esports Charts (analytics agency)
• Dr Lindsey Migliore, founder, GamerDoc (esports medicine consultancy)
• Maria Carmen Fernández Tallon, innovation & new business manager, MEDIAPRO (global audiovisual group)
• Nick Jekyll, creative director, Paradise Agency ('creative & entertaining' content agency)
Also joining the stage, to look at the role of esports in the wider society, are:
• Alvaro Alvarez, BBC filmmaker, whose programme Gaming and Me: Connections, Identity and Support was released earlier this year.
• François Singer, partnerships manager of impact company 17 Sport, which seeks to accelerate the transformation of sport as a force for good
How you can take part in Esports BAR Cannes
To join the arena, there are two ways to attend Esports BAR Cannes:
• FORUM DELEGATE PASS - perfect for a deep-dive into esports, this pass offers full access to the conference and mentoring programmes, the Esports BAR networking app and the Warm-up Cocktail. All for €790 + save 13% by using the PROMO CODE ESBGamesIndustryBiz13 (offer extends 10 July - 13 October).
• VIP ARENA PASS - the all-inclusive pass, with all the benefits of the Forum Delegate Pass and much more: the 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme (see below), two VIP lunches & one VIP dinner, and two hotel nights. All for €4,390.
The 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme and the Mentoring Programme
VIP Arena pass holders have access to the exclusive 1-to-1 Matchmaking Programme, an exclusive club for esports leaders, global consumer brands and media executives to connect and mingle.
The programme includes a minimum of 16 pre-scheduled 1-to-1 meetings with decision makers of your choice, together with suggestions powered by our AI system. Also included are networking lunches on Thursday and Friday, and the VIP Dinner on Thursday.
The Mentoring Programme includes daily mentoring and 1-to-many sessions.
Stay with us for more: a regional focus on APAC
Five days after the arena closes on Esports BAR Cannes, we open the online Digital VIP Offer - Regional focus APAC, which is available on demand for three days over October 20 - 22. VIP Arena pass holders have free access to the APAC regional focus and Forum Delegate pass holders have a special offer of €50. The full price is €200. In the spotlight are the markets of Southeast Asia and Oceania.
Esports BAR 365
Looking to warm up before Esports BAR Cannes in October? Join us online all-year-round on the Esports BAR blog, as well as on our social media platforms.
To join the game face to face in October, register for Esports BAR Cannes. We look forward to welcoming you on the French Riviera.
Esports BAR Cannes has teamed up with GamesIndustry.biz to offer readers a special 13% saving on the Forum Delegate Pass, to be booked between 10 July and 13 October. To make the most of this special offer, use the promo code ESBGamesIndustryBiz13.