Nintendo's European WiiWare service has been launched today with six titles initially available to download.
WiiWare games will be available to download from the Wii Shop Channel starting from 500 Wii Points, which themselves have to be bought in the Wii Shop Channel or at retailers.
Developers of any size will be able to create and sell their games created for the Wii through the Wii Shop Channel. Each game will be reviewable by gamers with a chart of the most popular regularly published.
WiiWare has already launched in Japan earlier this year on March 25, and in North America on May 12. An interview with developers on their thoughts concerning WiiWare can be found here.
The full list of WiiWare titles released in Europe follows:
- 1. Dr. Mario & Germ Buster (Nintendo)
- 2. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Square Enix)
- 3. Lost Winds (Frontier)
- 4. Star Soldier R (Hudson Soft)
- 5. Toki Tori (Two Tribes B.V.)
- 6. TV Show King (Gameloft)