PSP surpasses 10m sales in Japan
Top five selling games also named, revealing dominance of Monster Hunter titles
The total software sales for the PSP was also revealed with the Monster Hunter franchise displaying its dominance on the handheld. Monster Hunter 2nd G topped the list at 2,396,642 copies sold, followed by Monster Hunter 2nd at 1,706,387 units.
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII came next at 790,705 units sold, along with Monster Hunter Portable at 668,964 and Phantasy Star Portable with 545,242 units sold.
The top five PSP titles list follows:
- 1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom)
- 2. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom)
- 3. Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
- 4. Monster Hunter Portable (Capcom)
- 5. Phantasy Star Portable (SEGA)