Vita still #1 in Japan
Soul Sacrifice release helps keep Sony handheld on top
Thanks to a drop in Nintendo 3DS sales and the release of Keiji Inafune's exclusive game Soul Sacrifice the PlayStation Vita is still top of the Japanese charts.
- PlayStation Vita - 63,581 (Last week - 62,543)
- 3DS XL - 39,801 (50,265)
- 3DS - 21,207 (27,174)
- PlayStation 3 - 19,567 (25,725)
- PSP - 18,023 (11,171)
- Wii U - 9,454 (10,021)
- Wii - 1,363 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 - 738 (486)
The console jumped to the top spot last week following a price cut in Japan, and has managed to more than hang on, even seeing a slight rise in sales. Its nearest rival, the Nintendo 3DS XL, saw a fall in sales of over 10,000.
On the software chart the top five was packed full of new entries, with two Vita titles, Soul Sacrifice and Tales Of Hearts R, making their first appearance.
- [PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F - 110,229 (New entry)
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice - 92,396 (New entry)
- [PSP] Uta no Prince-sama All Star - 67,217 (New entry)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 63,285 (Lifetime sales - 2,802,940)
- [PSV] Tales of Hearts R - 55,258 (New entry)
Charts supplied by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola