Dragon Quest still topping Japanese charts
And Nintendo 3DS is still the gaming machine of choice
It's a second week at the top of the Japanese software chart for Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden, and while the sales might not be high as last week's 872,922, it's still over 10,500 ahead of its nearest rival, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden - 184,993 (Total sales - 1,012,916)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 78,178 (2,591,602)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 11,784 (1,922,492)
- [Wii] Taiko Drum Master Wii Super Wonderful Edition - 10,076 (396,225)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) - 9,138 (227,235)
On the hardware chart all the consoles kept their places, with the Nintendo 3DS still reigning supreme, despite a slight drop in units sold. It'll be interesting to see if next week's chart shows any significant change in sales of the PS3, now that its successor has been announced.
- 3DS XL - 66,139 (Last week - 89,050)
- 3DS - 31,832 (38,645)
- PlayStation 3 - 16,934 (17,004)
- Wii U - 10,744 (12,185)
- PSP - 10,501 (11,056)
- PlayStation Vita - 8,044 (8,762)
- Wii - 1,655 (1,945)
- Xbox 360 - 506 (593)
Charts collated by Media Create and via Gematsu.
From GamesIndustry.biz Recommendations by Taboola