Glowstick Games and Rocket 5 Studios are Indie Prize USA Best In Show
Winners announced for USA round of indie development awards
Last week the winners were announced for the Indie Prize USA awards, with Rocket 5 Studios' The Phantom P.I.: Mission Apparition taking home Best Game in Show: Critics' Choice and Glowstick Games and their title Dark Deception winning Best Game in Show: Audience Choice.
Here's the full list of winners for the General Indie Prize Awards:
- Best in Show: Audience Choice -Dark Deception by Glowstick Games
- Best in Show: Critics' Choice- The Phantom P.I.: Mission Apparition by Rocket 5 Studios
- Most Promising Game In Development - Apsis by A Stranger Gravity
- Best Desktop Game - Extrasolar by Lazy 8 Studios
- Best Mobile Game - Mr. Runner 2: The Masks by Zing Games
- Best Free-to-Play Game - Simply Twisted by Endless Wave Software
- Most Prominent Female Developer - Meri Rosich, Quality Time Lab
And here's the Creativity Indie Prize Awards winners:
- Best Game Art - Fearless Fantasy by Enter Skies
- Best Story - Whispering Willows by Night Light Interactive
- Best Game Audio - Big Action Mega Fight! by Double Stallion
- Most Innovative Game - Pig Eat Ball by Mommy's Best Games
- Best Multiplayer Game - Jump Tanks by Mechanical Butterfly Studios
- Best Family Friendly Game - Slice Fractions by Ululab
The judges for the awards this year included Henry Oh of CNN, Nick Berry of Facebook and Crix Lee Davis from Girl Gamer.
The Indie Prize is a scholarship program for up and coming indie talent in the industry. Competing studios must have a core team of 30 or fewer and must own at least 75 per cent of the IP for their submitted game. Competitors get the chance to win prizes but also to network with other developers and to visit Casual Connect.
The next Indie Prize Showcase will take place at Casual Connect Eastern Europe in Belgrade, November 2014. Submission information can be found here.