Sega's PlayStation 3 title Yakuza 3 has topped the Japanese charts on its first week of release, with 372,000 copies sold.
That's according to data from Media Create for the week ended March 3, where six new releases entered the top ten.
Koei's Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid entered the charts at number 2 with 219,000 sales, while One Piece Episode 2 took fourth place with 45,000 units sold.
Other new releases were Namco Bandai's Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 at five, Konami's Shounen Sunday x Sounen Magazine Mettou! Dream Nine at six and SNK's King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match at seven.
The top ten for Japan follows:
- 01 Yakuza 3
- 02 Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid
- 03 Mario & Luigi RPG
- 04 One Piece Mansion 2
- 05 Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2
- 06 Shounen Sunday x Shounen Magazine Nettou Dream Nine
- 07 King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- 08 Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope
- 09 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii
- 10 Wii Fit