Wii Sports Resort tops Japanese chart for second week
Nintendo comes out on top in the hardware and software charts
Wii Sports Resort has managed to hang onto its number one position for a second week in the Japanese software chart, despite sales halving since last week.
The Media Create figures for the week ending July 5 show the game is still selling big - with 153,000 units sold. But sales are waning following a strong launch week when the game shifted 359,690 copies in just four days.
While Nintendo holds onto the top place, Sony holds five places in the top ten - an equal amount to Nintendo.
Newly released PlayStation Portable titles Hatsune Miku: Project Diva from Sega and Boku no Natsuyasumi 4 from SCE take the number two and number three positions respectively, while Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G Best re-enters the top ten at number six.
PSP title Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. 2 holds the number seven position and one PlayStation 3 title, Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland, sits in the top ten at number eight.
Nintendo sees two Wii games and three Nintendo DS games in the top ten, including a re-entry by Wii Fit.
Likewise, Sony and Nintendo hardware sales are predominantly up this week on last, according to data from Go Nintendo.
The Nintendo DS sold over 10,000 more units this week compared to last, and Wii sales hit 24,000 - up from 21,790 the week prior.
Sony PSP sales showed the largest increase of all, selling 36,000 compared to last week's 26,789.
PlayStation 3 didn't fare as well however with sales decreasing very slightly. It was the same story for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2.
The full software chart follows:
- 01. Wii Sports Resort - 153,000
- 02. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva - 101,000
- 03. Boku no Natsuyasumi 4: Seitouchi Shounen Tanteidan, Boku to Himitsu no Chizu - 57,000
- 04. Tomodachi Collection - 51,000
- 05. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - 14,000
- 06. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, PSP the Best - 12,000
- 07. Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono 2 - 12,000
- 08. Atelier Rorona: Arland no Renkinjutsushi - 11,000
- 09. Wii Fit - 11,000
- 10. Sloane to MacHale no Nazo no Monogatari - 9900
The most recent sales figures for hardware follow:
- Nintendo DS - 56,400
- PlayStation Portable - 36,000
- Nintendo Wii - 24,000
- PlayStation 3 - 10,500
- PlayStation 2 - 5500
- Xbox 360 - 5100