The Nintendo Wii has sold more than 8 million units in Japan, according to data collected by Japanese magazine publisher Enterbrain.
Launched in the region in December 2006, the Wii hit the milestone as of April 19, as reported by Famitsu, which also listed the top five-selling titles on the console.
Those top five-selling Wii titles in Japan are as follows:
- 01. Wii Sports - 3,481,469 units
- 02. Wii Fit - 3,301,373 units
- 03. Wii Play - 2,672,811 units
- 04. Mario Kart Wii - 2,218,756 units
- 05. Super Smash Bros Brawl - 1,789,924 units