London, UK - JANUARY 12, 2006 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announces that it will release Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Critical HourTM for the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in Spring 2006. In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Critical Hour, Ubisoft's Quebec studio blends the finest elements of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® series to create the most complete chapter to date. This latest chapter marks the return to the franchise's roots by reintroducing the deeply strategic and tactical gameplay synonymous with the Rainbow Six name, while incorporating classic in-game elements such as vintage maps and weapons, all rebuilt using today's technology offered at an attractive price. This will bring an exciting new seven-mission single-player campaign and 16 multiplayer levels to gamers who want more gameplay from one of the most popular franchises on Xbox Live® online gaming service and ubi.comTM.
- The end of an era: Rainbow Six Critical Hour's storyline bids on nostalgia as John Clark retires and passes the torch to Ding Chavez.
- Classic missions return: Chosen by fans, seven single-player missions from the original Rainbow Six® and Rogue SpearTM games return, revamped with today's technology.
- Return to tactical gameplay: Through slower pacing and an enhanced combat model, strategic planning is the central element of gameplay.
- Advanced combat model: Choose your steps wisely as your actions could mean the difference between life and death. Weapon accuracy is affected by in-game manoeuvres and events such as running, crouching, standing still or firing while injured.
- Superior multiplayer experience: Rainbow Six Critical Hour comes equipped with a superior multiplayer experience, including the revolutionary Persistent Elite CreationTM (P.E.C.) mode, as well as the new and innovative Assassin and Free-for-All modes.
- Close-quarter battles: Maps in narrow corridors with non-linear level design challenge even the most tactical of gamers, increasing the importance of the infamous one-shot kill.
- Weapons and equipment: Enter the battle with today's most advanced weaponry (23 weapons in all) and high-tech equipment.
- Span the globe: From Idaho to Venice, Mexico City to Siberia, team Rainbow travels the world to serve and protect the innocent from terrorist threats.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 538 million Euros for the 2004-2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
® 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Persistent Elite Creation, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, the Ubisoft logo, and the Soldier Icon are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six Critical Hour, Rogue Spear, Red Storm, and Red Storm logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment, Inc. is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Online play requires internet connection and Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2) (each sold separately). The Online icon is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Live, the Live logo and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or in other countries and are used under license from Microsoft.