Worms, Bracknell, Baltimore – 1st March 2010
Kalypso Media, a global publisher of award-winning PC and console games, today announced that Tropico 3: Absolute Power, the first official expansion pack to the critically acclaimed Tropico 3, will be available across Europe in May 2010 for PC. Players will return to the island paradise of Tropico to experience unprecedented power as the benevolent (or malevolent) ruler ‘El Presidente’ while enjoying a whole new series of adventures.
Absolute Power gives players all-new options to rule as an unscrupulous tyrant or benevolent elder statesmen as they decide how to run their very own tropical island paradise. A successful and lucrative term in office is the goal! Absolute Power is packed with new missions, new islands and a whole host of new gameplay features.
10 new screenshots for Absolute Power can be downloaded from here –
• New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands also available in sandbox mode
• 6 new buildings (including Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Children's Playground etc) and a new buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icons mode
• 10 new Megalomania edicts - demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico's top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself or even print your own money!
• 6 Landmarks – Build huge decorations and buildings which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique.
• New faction - The new Loyalist faction are your die hard supporters and want no elections (since you’re obviously the best candidate) and want a statue of you on every corner!
• Faction Disasters - Low standing with any island faction will trigger new disasters if not addressed
• New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
• 4 Additional Avatar Costumes – 2 for male and 2 for female avatars
• Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace including rooftop pool, extra towers, flags, banners and a larger balcony (which will increase the effects of balcony speeches)
• More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings
• Prevalent faction - In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as "prevalent" on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and their satisfaction will be more important than usual
• More Radio Announcements to guide you through Tropico’s daily life
• Gravel roads - Second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed
Tropico 3 Absolute Power is currently in development by Haemimont Games and will be available in May 2010 (RRP £19.99). Absolute Power requires the full version of Tropico 3 to play.
For more information please contact
Head of PR, Kalypso Media
T: +44 (0) 1344 382 148
About Kalypso Media
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company maintains offices in both the United Kingdom and United States. In addition, Kalypso Media enjoys global digital distribution business through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. subsidiary, and owns two development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH and Gaming Minds Studios GmbH – both located in Germany, and works multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media recently released the critically acclaimed best-seller Tropico 3 for Xbox 360 and PC, and will soon release M.U.D. TV for PC and Dark Star One: Broken Alliance for Xbox 360. For more information, please visit http://www.kalypsomedia.com
About Haemimont Games
Haemimont Games is an independent games development team brought together by a common passion: to thrill, engage and provoke gamers worldwide. Since 1997, the studio has developed eight original titles with numerous add-ons. It is currently working on Tropico 3 among others. For more information on the company can be found by visiting www.haemimontgames.com