For immediate release
All the action of the arcade plus more!
On the go mayhem with multiplayer Ad Hoc Mode
Ten years after its arrival on PlayStation®, TekkenTM, the daddy of all fighting games, arrives on PlayStation® Portable (PSP) later this year - giving you the ability to do battle wherever and whenever you are.
TekkenTM Dark Resurrection brings to PSP more than 30 customisable characters including new arrivals Dragunov and Lili, favourites from the arcade version and the long awaited return of Armor King. Not only will you have all the characters in the palm of your hand but also a great choice of game modes including Time Attack, Gold Rush and Dojo - and the option for multiplayer mayhem in Ad Hoc Wireless Mode.
- Tekken Dojo: Are you good enough to take the title of 'Tekken Lord'? The going is bloody as you fight your way to the top in a selection of different Dojos based on a private island owned by Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Arcade Battle: Earn your purse of fight money as you defeat ghosts matching your current level. And each test you pass sees you elevated a rank in the fighting hierarchy.
- Quick Battle: Choose from 1-on-1 battle or team battles against the CPU for quick and deadly mayhem. Alternatively form a team of up to eight players in team battle mode for a massive knock-out tournament.
- Network: Challenge friends, or enemies, to a duel via Ad Hoc Mode, exclusive to PSP.
- Story Battle: Get under the skin of your character in the new story mode and uncover your history.
- Time, Survival and Gold Rush: Beat your previous best score with a choice of three attack modes: Time Attack as you go against your opponent and the clock; Survival as your stamina is put to the test and your work to defeat as many opponents as possible and Gold Rush which allows you to earn fight money for damage dealt within the time limit.
- Practice: All new practice mode includes tutorials, freestyle training and command training covering both attack and self-defence.
Dark Resurrection continues Tekken 5's feature of character customisation. Create a profile and spend your fight money on cool gear for your fighter. You'd better get saving though as there are now twice as many items to purchase than in Tekken 5. Those who are cautious about going into battle will welcome the opportunity to check-out the opposition's profile before the fight by reviewing opponent's battle history and high scores.
Tekken: Dark Resurrection is a PSP essential and will be out later this year.
For further information please contact:
Jennie Kong (email@example.com)
Tel: 020 7911 8176 Fax: 020 7734 4926
Sony Computer Entertainment UK Ltd
Notes to Editors
About PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable)
PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) is a new handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games, with high-quality full-motion video, and high-fidelity stereo audio. With graphics rendering capability comparable to that of PlayStation®2, PSPTM features a 4.3 inch widescreen, high-resolution TFT display. The PSPTM system's storage medium - UMDTM (Universal Media Disc) - is a compact yet high-capacity (1.8GB) optical disc. With a wide range of accessories and connectivity options, including Memory Stick DuoTM, USB 2.0, IR port and Wireless (WLAN) functionality, PSPTM is the new entertainment platform from Sony Computer Entertainment.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, sales and marketing of PS one®, PlayStation®2 and PSPTM hardware in 104 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SCEE also develops, publishes, markets and distributes games software for the three formats, and manages the third party licensing programmes for these formats in the PAL territories. At the end of December 2005, over 40 million PS one® consoles had been shipped across these PAL territories, over 102 million worldwide. Between its European debut on 24 November 2000 and the end of December 2005, over 37 million PlayStation®2 consoles have been shipped across the PAL territories, over 100 million worldwide, making it one of the most successful consumer electronic products in history. Between the launch of PSPTM in Japan in December 2004 and the end of December 2005, over 5 million PSP systems have been shipped across the PAL territories, over 15 million worldwide.
PlayStation and the PlayStation logo and PS one are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. PSP and UMD are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
TEKKENTM DARK RESURRECTION & ® 1994-2006 NAMCO BANDAI GAMES Inc.