For Immediate Release:
Letchworth, Herts.—November 17, 2009—TECMO KOEI Europe and Japanese developer Cing have partnered to produce two new Nintendo DS titles, AGAIN™ and Monster Rancher® DS. Both titles are slated for a Spring 2010 release in Europe.
From the makers of Hotel Dusk comes the new crime mystery title, AGAIN. Featuring a captivating story full of suspense, unexpected surprises and unique visual presentation, Cing’s latest creation takes the text-adventure genre to a whole new level.
The story begins 19 years ago when an unsolved series of murders shook up the town of Clockford. At the crime scenes, detectives find a crucial piece of evidence linking the crimes together—a torn piece of a dollar bill, showing the Eye of Providence. In present day, another string of murders have started again with the same piece of evidence, convincing detectives to reopen the case. As FBI Agent Jonathan Weaver, you will follow the clues using his Past Vision powers and navigate through a fictitious adaptation of an early 90’s crime-ridden New Jersey. In addition to uncovering the story, you will learn of each character’s background, stories that are interesting within themselves.
• CSI style Storyline: AGAIN presents an intriguing, suspenseful storyline full of unexpected twists
• Dual Vertical Screens—Past and Current Vision: Explore the clues of crime scenes by using “Past Vision” powers, and uncover secrets of the evidence in “Current Vision”
• Stylized Presentation: Live a novel, players hold the DS in a vertical orientation. There are dual 3D screens, a unique interface, and a use of actors and past events played out in full-motion video sequences
• Mind Bending Puzzles: Advance your way through cases by solving puzzles to get one step closer to unveiling the mystery.
AGAIN has not yet been rated by PEGI.
MONSTER RANCHER DS
Filled with nostalgia of past Monster Rancher games and imaginative monster breeding, fans of the series will not be disappointed with this latest installment. Focusing on the traditional gameplay of previous games, the DS platform is perfect for this title, as gamers can travel with their portable device and battle friends locally, or via a wireless connection. In addition, two players can connect their Nintendo DS devices together to combine monsters and uncover new breeds! Imagine, create, raise, battle, and breed!
• Use Your Imagination: Recite your favourite word and see what monster is created! Or, if it's too loud to speak, draw a silly picture and see what monster appears. Unlock a secret method of creating monsters as you play through the game - you can even combine your favourite monsters to create a new, more powerful monster!
• Train to Become a Master Breeder: Find the best strategy to raise your monster on a weekly basis—too much rest or too much of the same training can be ineffective!
• Bring Out the Rivalry: Fight rival breeders in game!
• Play with Friends: Battle your friends locally or online! Friends can also combine their monsters to create exciting new types through a local connection.
• Battle Rounds: Carefully co-ordinate your attack techniques and execute them when there are enough points in the ‘guts’ meter!
Monster Rancher DS has not yet been rated by PEGI.
ABOUT TECMO KOEI
TECMO Inc. is a global developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Torrance, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO, LTD., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl® and Fatal Frame® series. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger. More information on TECMO can be found at www.tecmogames.com.
Monster Rancher® DS. ©2010 TECMO, LTD. Monster Rancher and TECMO are registered trademarks of TECMO, LTD. AGAIN. ©2010 TECMO, LTD. . TM, ® and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. The ESRB rating icons are registered trademarks of the Entertainment Software Association.
For more information:
Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd.
Phone: 0044 (0)1462 476130