LONDON — February 18, 2009 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Street Fighter™ IV has shipped to retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system ahead of its official release date this Friday 20th February. The long-awaited Street Fighter IV is posed to redefine the fighting game genre with a return to the classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, high definition 3D visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay.
“Long time Street Fighter fans and those new to the series will be blown away by the all new Street Fighter IV,” said Ben Wyer-Roberts, European Marketing Manager. “From a game series that has over 20 years of heritage, Street Fighter IV is the perfect blend of well loved characters and features from the past and some amazing new ones. Street Fighter IV is undisputed heavyweight champion of the next generation fighting genre.”
Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favourites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created exclusively for this game such as Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in high definition 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Street Fighter IV also incorporates state of the art online match making and worldwide online gameplay. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over. With the inclusion of Capcom's latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honoured art of virtual martial arts.
• Classic 2D Street Fighter gameplay with stunning high definition 3D characters and environments
• New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus attacks, Super Combos, and the revenged-fueled Ultra Combo system.
• Classic Street Fighter characters recreated for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter™ II
• New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
• New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
• Online gameplay features, including instantaneous online challenges, versus mode, tournament mode, and world wide online gameplay.
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including best-selling franchises Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man and Devil May Cry. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Tokyo Korea and Hong Kong, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom can be found on the company web site, www.capcom.com.
Capcom, Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Dark Void and Street Fighter are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. “All other marks are the property of their respective owners.