Sony platform titles top Japanese chart
PSP title Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 leads the charge at number one
Titles for Sony platforms topped the Japanese software sales chart for the week ended February 8, according to data provided by Media Create.
PlayStation Portable title Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 took the number one spot with 45,000 units sold, closely followed by the debut of Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 3, with 40,000 units.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 took fourth and fifth places on the PSP at 38,000 units and PlayStation 2 at 37,000 units respectively.
Titles for Nintendo platforms occupied the latter half of the chart, with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, for the DS, taking fifth place with 34,000 units.
Namco Bandai's DS title, Detective Conan & Kindachi, debuted in sixth place, selling 20,000 units, while the PSP title Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) came in seventh at 18,000 units.
Taiko no Tatsujin, for the Wii, came in eighth at 16,000 units, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, for the DS, came in ninth at 15,500 units, and Wii Fit closed off the chart at 15,000 units.
Japanese software sales chart follows:
- 01. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP)
- 02. Demon's Souls (PS3)
- 03. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PSP)
- 04. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS2)
- 05. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS)
- 06. Detective Conan & Kindachi (DS)
- 07. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (PSP)
- 08. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Wii)
- 09. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)
- 10. Wii Fit (Wii)