PC title The Sims 2: FreeTime went straight into the number one slot in the German chart, and Pro Evolution Soccer for the PlayStation Portable has hit the top of the Spanish chart, according to data from Media-Control GfK International for the sales week ending March 2.
The new entries broke Nintendo's usual dominance of the European charts which has seen various DS or Wii titles take the top slots and bulk out the majority of the two top ten lists for most of this calendar year.
In Germany Mario & Sonic for the DS was pushed into second, followed by Brain Training and another new entry, Frontlines: Fuel of War.
More Brain Training was fifth, followed by Maths Training and Call of Duty 4.
New Super Mario Bros, Wii Play and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade rounded out the top ten.
Meanwhile in Spain Wii Play followed Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, while Lost Odyssey was another new entry in third.
More Brain Training, Mario & Sonic for the DS and The Sims 2: FreeTime took fourth to sixth places respectively, while Mario & Sonic for the Wii was seventh.
Brain Training, Call of Duty 4 and FIFA 08 for the PlayStation 2 completed the top ten list.
The full charts are as follows:
1. The Sims 2: FreeTime (PC)
2. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (DS)
3. Brain Training (DS)
4. Frontlines: Fuel of War (PC)
5. More Brain Training (DS)
6. Maths Training (DS)
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC)
8. New Super Mario Bros (DS)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PSP)
2. Wii Play (Wii)
3. Lost Odyssey (360)
4. More Brain Training (DS)
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (DS)
6. The Sims 2: FreeTime (PC)
7. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Wii)
8. Brain Training (DS)
9. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
10. FIFA 08 (PS2)