HELSINKI, FINLAND – December 11, 2009 – Futuremark® Games Studio today announced a new community competition for Shattered Horizon™, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The contest starts Monday 14 December and with 16 different challenges over 4 weeks there are plenty of ways for players to win one of the many PC hardware prizes on offer from competition sponsors MSI, FSP Group, Enermax and Patriot Memory.
"With 16 different ways to win this competition gives all Shattered Horizon players a chance to win one of the great prizes on offer, not just those who top the leaderboards," said Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio.
The prize pool includes:
- MSI Big Bang Trinergy motherboards
- FSP Group Epsilon 88PLUS 700W power supplies
- Enermax Apollish Vegas 12cm cooling fans
- Patriot Memory DDR3 Viper II 'Sector 5' Series memory modules
- Shattered Horizon t-shirts, sticker packs and Arconaut memberships
For further details of the challenges, prizes and how to take part visit the competition page on the official Shattered Horizon website:
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: €19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95 Available now from Steam and the official website:
Information for Editors
Shattered Horizon Press Kit: http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit Trailers and screenshots: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/
Box art: http://bit.ly/SH_KeyArt
FSP Group http://www.fsp-group.com/
Patriot Memory http://www.patriotmemory.com/
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark Games Studio, competition, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, DirectX10, Windows 7, NVIDIA TWIMTBP, MSI, FSP Group, Enermax, Patriot Memory
About Futuremark® Games Studio
Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon™ is the studio’s first self-published game. Shattered Horizon is rated Teen by the ESRB and 16+ by PEGI. The game carries the NVIDIA®: The Way It's Meant To Be Played™ seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com/
© 2009 Futuremark® Corporation. Shattered Horizon™ and Futuremark® Games Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation. The names of other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Futuremark Press Room RSS Feed
Europe and rest of world:
Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio
Phone: +358 20 759 8250 (+2 GMT)
Oliver Baltuch, President, Futuremark Inc.
Phone: +1 408 517 0910 (PST)