For Immediate Release
Montreal, Canada. April 24, 2006. - Software publisher Meridian4 is pleased to announce an online distribution deal to distribute its upcoming action game Shadowgrounds via Steam, Valve's online platform for digital content distribution and management.
"Making Shadowgrounds available to Steam's eight million gamers is a great opportunity to get the game out to a wider market, " said Steven Milburn, Director of Marketing at Meridian4. "Shadowgrounds' high-octane, addictive gameplay will be a good match with Steam's audience."
"Steam is the best online distribution channel, end of story. They are really pushing the online distribution model and I am glad Shadowgrounds is part of that," said Frozenbyte CEO, Lauri Hyvarinen.
Shadowgrounds will be available for online distribution through Steam in early May at an online price of $24.95. For more information about Shadowgrounds go to www.meridian4.com or visit www.steampowered.com.
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology played from a top-down perspective. Shadowgrounds features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters. .
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
2-4 PLAYER CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! - 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. Founded in 2001, the company is out to show the world that dedication, hard work and innovation can still deliver inspiring games. Highly-anticipated Shadowgrounds is Frozenbyte's first commercial game and has already received much critical acclaim in Finland and Germany, where the game was released in November 2005.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. We are a new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers. The difference is we actually form a partnership - a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for their products.
For more information or to request a review copy of Shadowgrounds, contact me at: