Runes of Magic
Launch date set for March 19th.
Berlin, January 27th 2009 - Frogster Interactive today announced that following a three month open beta test, that has seen over 450,000 players explore the world of Taborea, the highly anticipated massively multiplayer online role-playing game Runes of Magic will launch of March 19th, 2009.
"Since the open beta test launch is December, the population of Taborea has soared and we have been working closely with our community to fine tune the Runes of Magic experience", said Daniel Ullrich, Director of Product Management at Frogster, "We look forward to welcoming thousands of new players to Taborea during the next few weeks, as we get ready to fully launch Runes of Magic ".
Runes of Magic started the open beta with an English and a German version in the middle of December 2008. All interested players can now download the online-role playing game and enter into the fantasy world after creating an account for free on www.runesofmagic.com.
Runes of Magic – a world full of wizardry and adventure
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free2play MMO games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy setting. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com/
About Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
As a holding with different shares in the computergames industry, the Frogster Interactive Pictures AG based in Berlin is focusing on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games. The company licenses, operates und markets different online games in the German speaking market and internationally. Its Korean joint venture Frogster Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops MMO Games and markets their own as well as licensed virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc. based in San Francisco, USA, will operate and market MMO Games in North America in 2009. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 80 staff members in the fields of development, marketing, PR, web design, web development, community management, customer support, hosting, billing and administration. Internet: www.frogster-interactive.de
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -39
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11