Resident Evil 5 on the PlayStation 3 has debuted at the top of the Japanese software sales chart, shifting 319,000 units, according to Media Create.
Capcom's survival horror was followed by Sega's DS title Seventh Dragon, which debuted with 80,000 unit sales. Resident Evil 5 appeared once more at number three on the Xbox 360, selling 79,000 units.
PlayStation Portable title, Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid came fourth, while Yakuza 3, for the PS3, dropped from first to fifth place.
DS titles Mario & Luigi RPG 3 and Aibou DS took sixth and seventh places respectively, with the latter title debuting this week at 43,000 units.
Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc, for the PlayStation 2, also released this week, took eighth place with 28,000 units.
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) came in ninth and Tennis no Oji-Sama: Doubles no Oji-Sama - Girls, Be Gracious! for the DS, debuted at number ten with 14,000 units sold.
Japanese software sales chart follows:
- 01. Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
- 02. Seventh Dragon (DS)
- 03. Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
- 04. Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid (PSP)
- 05. Yakuza 3 (PS3)
- 06. Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS)
- 07. Aibou DS (DS)
- 08. Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc (PS2)
- 09. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (PSP)
- 10. Tennis no Oji-Sama: Doubles no Oji-Sama - Girls, Be Gracious! (DS)