Empire Interactive is pleased to announce the next stage of continued multi player support for the ultimate PC sci-fi blockbuster Starship Troopers
7 new maps are available for download immediately to expand your Starship Troopers online game play. We've grabbed a few screenshots of the new maps for you. Plus there's the ability to search all types of multiplayer games simultaneously. It's available now to download from www.starshiptroopersgame.com
4 new Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch maps - Bait, Duel, Hill and Offensive in the straight head to head mode where up to 32 players are pitted against each other in various arenas, the objective being to kill your opponents and make you claim for the top score. Team Deathmatch allows players to team up and collectively aim for their place at the top of the kill table.
3 new Co-operative maps - Bait, Psiops and Stronghold allow up to 8 players to form their own squad of 'Mobile Infantry' and play together to defeat the bugs. Here's the desperate situation in one of the new maps: Whilst transporting a squadron of Marauders back to their command ship, your ship is hit and downed in the heart of Bug territory. You've got a Mech Trooper who can fix the ship but he needs some spares, which must be located from another busted ship. This is hostile territory and the arachnids know you're there - but if everyone stays behind to protect the mechanic, who is going to get the parts from the broken drop ship?
Starship Troopers the videogame has to be played to be believed! Become totally immersed in immense bug-blasting battles in both famous action-packed scenes from Paul Verhoeven's classic movie and never-before-experienced settings and stories from the Starship Troopers universe.
Starship Troopers the videogame is a true PC epic - the most cinematic, all-out-action, adrenaline-pumping first-person-shooter to ever hit the PC. A must-buy title for fans of the Starship Troopers universe and guaranteed to be top of the Christmas lists for PC Gamers and sci-fi fans alike. The First Person Shooter genre just moved up to the next level. Heed your General's battle cry as you run into another swarm of bugs: "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?"
Remember - kill anything with more than two legs!
- SWARM Engine allows epic battles featuring 300+ bugs on screen at once, each with its own individual AI, boasting 20 times more action than you will have ever seen before.
- 19 different types of non-humanoid enemy bugs to encounter.
- License that covers the whole Starship Troopers universe. The books, graphic novels, films and TV series are just the beginning.
- Voice-over commentary by Casper van Dien, aka Johnny Rico, now the general who introduces the missions for you.
- 9 weapons, each with dual function attacks. Weapons include the standard Morita rifle (seen in the film) as well as the plasma rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher, plus a variety of new and exciting items such as intelligent grenades and the infamous nuke launcher.
- 12 single player levels including a mix of huge real-time battles on an epic scale and solo 'infiltration' missions.
- Varied Combat Environments - indoor and outdoor levels, including the wide-open battlefields, a secret laboratory, claustrophobic bug nests, abandoned mines and lonely outposts.
- Now 20 map combinations for LAN and online modes Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Co-operative modes.
THEY JUST KEEP COMING...! www.starshiptroopersgame.com
Age Rating: 16+
Publisher: Empire Interactive
Recommended: 3.0ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 [1024x768 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY, DirectX compatible PCI soundcard.
Minimum: 2.0ghz CPU, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5900 or Radeon 9800 [800x600 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Empire is a leading UK quoted computer games developer and publisher, specialising in innovative video games with mass-market appeal. The Group is one of the most established in the industry now in its 18th year of business. Its portfolio of titles include Starsky & Hutch, FlatOut, Big Mutha Truckers, Space Invaders 25th Anniversary and the highly anticipated Starship Troopers. The Group's value division, Xplosiv, continues to increase its market share across Europe and has experienced success with its first PS2 titles.
Headquartered in the UK, Empire has offices in the US, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Further information about Empire and its products can be found at: http://www.empireinteractive.com
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP), a Division of Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing (CTCM), is based in Los Angeles and handles the merchandising and branding efforts for some of the most recognized properties in film and television.
Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). SPE is a division of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.