Capcom's Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G for the PSP is this year's biggest game so far in Japan, according to Famitsu.
The Japanese videogame magazine has published a list of this year's top ten selling games broadly dominated by titles for Nintendo consoles, which take up eight of the top ten spots, as reported by Kotaku.
Capcom's PSP title has sold 2,300,505 units so far, followed by Super Smash Bros Brawl at 1,666,323 units.
Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PlayStation 3 is at sixth place in the chart, with 576,437 units, after having been on sale for only a month.
The list of the top ten best-selling games in Japan for 2008 follows:
- 1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP) 2,300,505 units
- 2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 1,666,323 units
- 3. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) 1,526,664 units
- 4. Wii Fit (Wii) 1,443,167 units
- 5. Pokémon Ranger: Battonage (DS) 576,467 units
- 6. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) 576,437 units
- 7. Wii Sports (Wii) 544,958 units
- 8. Mario Party DS (DS) 497,547 units
- 9. Mario Kart DS (DS) 416,935 units
- 10. Wii Play (Wii) 411,416 units