Monster Hunter Diary has held onto the top spot in the Japanese software sales chart for another week, selling over 88,000 units in the seven days ending September 5, according to Media Create.
The PlayStation Portable title held off competition from Wii Party, which took second with sales over 55,000 and the debut on the chart of Nintendo's Metroid: Other M, which only managed 45,398 in its first week on sale.
Other new entries included Bleach: Heat the Soul 7 which landed fifth place, and a reissue of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - although the game, published in Japan by Square Enix, only managed to sell around 9000 units and landed in ninth place.
Meanwhile the PSP continued its hardware market dominance in the country, selling over 35,000 units in the seven day period, followed by the PlayStation 3.
The Wii came third, having now sold 1 million units in the 2010 calendar year-to-date.
Software sales week ending September 5
- 01. Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Ailu Village (PSP, Capcom): 88,405
- 02. Wii Party (Wii, Nintendo): 55,837
- 03. Metroid: Other M (Wii, Nintendo): 45,398 (NEW)
- 04. Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault (PSP, Namco Bandai): 27,560
- 05. Bleach: Heat the Soul 7 (PSP, SCE): 25,374 (NEW)
- 06. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii, Nintendo): 11,933
- 07. Art Academy (DS, Nintendo): 10,248
- 08. Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (DS, Level 5): 10,022
- 09. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Square Enix): 9162 (RE-ENTRY)
- 10. Another Century's Episode R (PS3, Namco Bandai): 8880
Hardware sales week ending September 5
- PSP - 35,766
- PS3 - 22,227
- DSi LL - 18,929
- DSi - 16,968
- Wii - 16,080
- DS Lite - 4039
- Xbox 360 - 2860
- PS2 - 1370
- PSPgo - 927