Lich King climbs back to top of US PC charts
Blizzard's latest expansion pushes The Sims 2 Double Deluxe down a position to top the region's sales
World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King has retaken the top spot of the US PC sales chart, displacing The Sims 2 Double Deluxe to second place for the week ended January 31, according to data provided by the NPD Group.
EA's Spore held onto its position from the previous week to take root at third place, meanwhile Left 4 Dead, perhaps spurred on by highly anticipated content updates, rocketed up the chart from eighth to fourth place.
The World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest secured fifth place, while post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 3 dropped one position to sixth.
Blizzard's vanilla World Of Warcraft held onto its position in seventh place, as The Sims 2 Apartment Life tumbles four places to settle at number eight.
Closing off the chart, and holding onto their positions from the previous week, was Civilization IV and Call Of Duty: World At War at nine and ten respectively.
US PC sales chart follows:
- 01. World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Blizzard)
- 02. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (EA)
- 03. Spore (EA)
- 04. Left 4 Dead (EA)
- 05. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest (Blizzard)
- 06. Fallout 3 (Bethesda)
- 07. World Of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- 08. The Sims 2 Apartment Life (EA)
- 09. Civilization IV (Take 2)
- 10. Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision)