Seoul, Korea – Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 – Open beta for NHN Corporation's new free-to-play fantasy MMORPG Karos Online begins this Friday, the 4th of December, and NHN Corporation is celebrating by offering lots of useful prizes to players as they discover the game. "We are really excited to open Karos Online to everyone this Friday," said Heejin Jeong, Senior Overseas Sales Manager at NHN Corporation. "We hope the players will have a lot of fun taking part in the various events that we are preparing for them, and we wish everybody good luck in gathering prizes!"
Players can receive prizes in several ways:
Referring friends: From the start of open beta, players will be able to invite their friends to play Karos Online via the official website. For every five friends who join the game and reach level 5, the referring player will receive a reward, as follows:
• Five friends will award the player 10 Strength Potions
• Ten friends will award the player 3 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 3 Armor Enchant Scrolls
• Twenty friends will award the player 5 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 5 Armor Enchant Scrolls
• The first invited friend to reach level 5 will be awarded 5 Big Potions of Rejuvenation, which restore their character's HP and MP.
Entering a Gift Key: Gift Keys will be offered by participating websites starting this week. Upon entering a Gift Key, players will receive 5 Strength potions which temporarily increase their character's movement and attack speed.
Levelling up: Upon reaching levels 5, 10 and 20, players will be automatically entered into a weekly prize draw. The draw will take place every Friday, and winning players will be announced on www.karosgame.com. The higher the level, the greater the prize!
• Level 5 (10 weekly winners): an Amethyst, Diamond or Sapphire (depending on character's class) giving a bonus when combined with an accessory
• Level 10 (4 weekly winners): 10 Weapon Enchant Scrolls and 10 Armor Enchant Scrolls
• Level 20 (1 weekly winner): an Iron Wyvern, a Holy Creature piece of armor which serves as a mount in the game.
Guild building: The start of open beta will also kick off a month-long build-up exercise for guilds that will run through the 31st of December. Guilds meeting the target criteria on the 31st will receive exciting prize bundles -- more details coming soon!
Please visit www.karosgame.com for all the latest information about the game. More details and features will be revealed as Karos Online draws closer to its English release, scheduled for Q4 2009. The Turkish version is also scheduled for Q4 2009, with German to follow in 2010.
Karos Online - Stunning 3D Action Fantasy MMORPG
Karos Online ( http://www.karosgame.com) is a brand new free-to-play fantasy MMORPG developed by Galaxy Gate (lead developers of Laghaim and Last Chaos), to be published in Europe and North America by NHN Corporation. An English release is scheduled for Q4 2009, with German and Turkish versions to follow.
In Karos Online, players take the role of a hero determined to defeat the curse of darkness falling over the world of Asmara and ascend to ultimate glory by becoming the mythical Karos warrior. Through questing, guild clashes and mass PvP, they enter the fight for domination over the world's vital energy source, Fletta. Fletta provides the basis for the game's unique and complex alternate progression system; alongside traditional leveling within the game, Fletta energy can be used to increase stats, give buffs, buy resources and enchant items.
With a strong RPG component, wide range of class skills and fantastic visual combat effects, Karos Online offers a rich player experience and an exciting end-game for guilds, including castle sieges and resource control points. There are a variety of dynamic dungeons to explore, with shifting paths and surprises to challenge players as they progress in level. The economy is well-developed, with mining, fishing and crafting elements, and a consignment system for storage.
Karos Online offers rare graphical quality for its small client size, has low minimum requirements, and will be accessible to a vast range of computers. Videos demonstrating graphics and gameplay are now available on the official website at www.karosgame.com, and more features will be revealed as the closed beta test continues.
Karos Online features
• Breathtaking 3D graphics and combat action effects
• 5 different races and 9 original classes, evolving into 36 different specialized classes
• Dynamic, evolving dungeons with shifting paths and surprises
• Guild wars, territory control and large-scale castle siege battles
• Alternate Fletta level progression system
• Elaborate mining, fishing and crafting system
• Small client size and low minimum PC requirements
• Keyboard and mouse control both available
About NHN Corporation
NHN Corporation (KOSDAQ KOSPI: 035420) was established in 1999 and is currently the leading multi-national internet company in Korea, operating internet search portal and gaming services in Korea, Japan and China. Its products include Naver, Korea’s largest search portal with more than 17 million unique daily visitors, and leading Korean portal Hangame, which brought KRW 366.7 billion (206 million €) in revenue in 2008, a 51% increase versus 2007. For more information, please visit http://www.nhn.com/en.