After weeks of DS and Wii dominance, both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 have managed to break back into the Japanese top ten, according to data from Media Create.
Xbox 360 role-playing game Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream from Bandai Namco enters the charts at number two, selling 49,334 units for the week ended June 17.
Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PlayStation 3 entered the charts at number three, selling 46,307 copies.
Japan's number one game remains Nintendo's Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training, which sold 63,439 units during the same week period.
The only other new entry in the top 30 is Call of Duty 3 for PlayStation 3, published in the region by Spike and making its debut at number 14.
The full top ten for Japan follows:
1. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (Nintendo)
2. Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream (Bandai Namco)
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Tecmo)
4. Wii Sports (Nintendo)
5. More Brain Age (Nintendo)
6. Wii Play (Nintendo)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
8. Osu! Tatake! Ouendan 2 (Nintendo)
9. More English Training (Nintendo)
10. Brain Age (Nintendo)