For immediate release:
27 June 2005: In2Games, the innovative games publisher and hardware manufacturer behind the award-winning Gametrak Direct Motion Capture system, and the forthcoming Real World Golf title, today announces the appointment of games industry veteran Mark Strachan to the board.
Following four years in advertising, Strachan was co-founder of Domark Software, which became one of the UK's leading games publishers before reversing into newly-formed Eidos plc in 1995. He was chairman of ELSPA, the games software publishers' association from 1992-1994, and from 1995-1999 acted as Chairman of Ubi Soft UK. He later he co-founded Gameplay PLC, which floated on AIM in August 1999. Mark is now CEO of ESC, the Entertainment Software Charity.
Mark joins In2Games at an exciting time, with the hotly tipped Real World Golf for PS2 and PC on target to hit the shelves on August 26 2005. Real World Golf gives you a club to swing, which is tracked in real-time and shown on-screen. No button presses, no joysticks...just swing and play!
"In2Games is a true new British success story," commented Mark Strachan,"The Gametrak technology and Real World Golf really do have to be seen to be believed. I am very excited to be working with such an innovative company, which has created a unique and compelling proposition for gamers and the industry alike."
Strachan joins In2Games' team of industry veterans including Sales Director Michael Flanagan, formerly UK MD of Guillemot, Commercial Director Harry Holmwood and Technical Director Steve Lavache.
Elliott Myers, MD of In2Games commented, "We are delighted to be welcoming someone with Mark's wealth of experience to the board. We have now built a management team with the experience, creativity and drive to take Gametrak products to a truly global audience."
- ENDS -About In2Games
In2Games is dedicated to creating new and exciting gaming experiences through the creative combination of hardware and software. The company was started in 2000 by Elliott Myers, formerly Development Manager at Leda Media Products, creators of the Gamester brand, the largest third-party peripherals manufacturer in Europe. The team has a long history in innovative games hardware design and manufacture, including the creation, for Konami, of the BeatMania DJ controller and their own dance mat. In2Games now combines the team's expertise in hardware design and manufacture with leading-edge software development, resulting in a new range of console and PC products offering gamers brand-new experiences.About Gametrak
Gametrak is a revolutionary 3D motion sensing controller which gives users precise and intuitive control in 3D space - unlike camera technologies, Gametrak allows movement forwards and backwards as well as up, down, left and right, and does all this without any time delay or processor overhead. Instead of a complex and intimidating series of buttons and joysticks; fighting games enable users to physically punch opponents using boxing gloves; sports games will users to pick up and play using real golf clubs or tennis rackets; adventure games will become totally immersive as users are able to manipulate 'virtual' onscreen objects with their hands.
The first Gametrak title, Dark Wind, launched on PS2 in October 2004, winning awards such as Leipzig Games Convention's 'Best Of Show'. Real World Golf represents a milestone in sports gaming, freeing users from the confusion of joysticks and buttons, and allowing them to play a real game of golf. Future Gametrak titles include basketball, bowling, party games, shooting, skiing, tennis, basketball, football, action and adventure titles, for current and future games formats.
Launch Date: August 26, 2005Game features include:
- Every aspect of your swing tracked in real time and shown onscreen.
- Just adjust your swing to pitch or fade, top or spin the ball - everything you can do in real golf you can do in Real World Golf!
- The voice of legendary golf commentator, Peter Alliss.
- Five stunning 18-hole courses, plus driving range.
- Multiplayer modes for up to four players
- Party games - golf darts, through-the-hoops, target practice, and car smashing!
- In-depth video tutorials with a golf pro, teach you how to stand, grip, swing and more.
- Website www.realworldgolf.com launching July 15 2005.
- Eager players will be able to see Real World Golf live, in association
with Nike, at the British Open from July 14-17.
- Live events and competitions to run through the launch period.
- TV advertising campaign from late August through September.
- Product placement and endorsement campaigns.
- Gift guide promotions in the run up to Christmas.
- Game available from August 26th from all major and independent retailers, including Game, Argos, Gamestation, Toys R Us, Asda and more.
- Game and Gametrak hardware for review (PS2* or PC format)
- Media disc with photos, screenshots, renders, wireframe development images
- Nike Golf equipment for competition prizes
- Video footage available on request
- Anything else needed - more photos, interviews, information etc please contact us
For further information, screen shots, photos etc please contact:
Games specialist press: Paul Arena +44(0)1923 774310 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Press: Harry Holmwood +44(0)7818 048961 ¬email@example.com
All other media enquiries: Emma Cohen at Hotwire PR
+44 (0) 20 7608 4659 Emma.Cohen@hotwirepr.com