MEDIA ALERT - April 9, 2010
This week, Jet Set Games has released additional details about it's upcoming social strategy game for the iPhone, Highborn, via the company's official Facebook Fan Page (Facebook.com/JetSetGames). A new developer diary with details on mutliplayer, along with new character information and several new screenshots are now available, including the first images of Combat Mode.
Below is a recap of the new information.
New Developer Diary - A Closer Look at Combat
Jet Set Games has revealed Highborn's unique blend of two different types of strategy games. Now, see how a mutliplayer battle may play out in the first social strategy game for the iPhone. Adam Isgreen, VP of Design for Jet Set Games, walks through a recent match.
Excerpt: "Using unit properties, spells, terrain, and information is key to putting yourself in a situation where you have the upper hand, and in turn victory. We’ve constantly discovered new uses for terrain setups, support attacks, movement, and baiting in order to put the odds in our favor."
Read the full diary on the Facebook Fan Page: http://bit.ly/9gh9do
It's Floyd! Arch-Lich and Archie's Nemesis!
Jet Set Games released the second installment of a weekly feature that reveals the wacky characters found in Highborn:
"Nowadays, everything with Floyd has to do with world domination, and he’s assembled a team of equally odious creatures to help him achieve that goal. Known the world over as “The Decay,” Floyd and his friends will make their presence known in the land of “Where the Flippin’ Heck Are We?” with fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Dogs and cats living together…well you get the idea..."
Read Floyd's full story on the Facebook Fan Page: http://bit.ly/atIVfL
New Screenshots and Character Art
Floyd isn't that pretty to look at, but he's definitely got the drama goin' on. Check out character art, Floyd's in-game profile sheet, and the very first screenshots of Highborn's combat mode, now available on the Flickr pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
Highborn is the first social strategy game for the iPhone that features casual, round-based gaming. It’s the perfect design for mobile gaming, or for anyone looking for a strategy game that offers an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS.
Highborn is developed by Jet Set Games, including a team of industry veterans, many of who created the original Command & Conquer products, including Westwood Studios Co-Founder Brett W. Sperry. It will be available in Apple’s iTunes App Store for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch this spring.
• A Light Touch – Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
• Time for a New Strategy – Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
• Multiplay at Your Pace – Round-based gaming enables players to think then act when playing one-on-one against their friends, and allows them to have multiple games going at once.
• Face Your Facebook Friends – Players can challenge their friends to a match, or brag about their achievements in their news feed.
• Many Styles of Play – Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
• Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
• Flickr Asset Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
• Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
• Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
• Facebook Fan Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
• Conversations on Twitter: #JetSetGames, #Highborn
• Technorati Tags: iPhone, iPad, games, social
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. and its subsidiary, Jet Set Apps™, develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans, Brett Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic and Adam Isgreen and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games, Jet Set Apps and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.