If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Gameloft sales hit $40 million

Mobile games provide bulk of revenue, as sales in North America grow 57 per cent

Gameloft has reported consolidated sales of EUR 30.8 million (USD 40.6 million) for the first quarter of 2009, up by 22 per cent from the previous year of EUR 25.3 million (USD 33.3 million).

Mobile games accounted for 94 per cent of the company's sales, while console games covered the remaining 6 per cent.

North America was the company's largest market with 37 per cent of sales, up 57 per cent. Meanwhile, Europe provided 35 per cent of sales and the rest of the world accounted for 29 per cent.

Gameloft says the company will continue to perform well, despite the economic climate, and is expecting to improve its profitability in 2009.

Tagged With

James Lee