Milton Keynes – 25th February 2009 - 505 Games today announced a European Publishing deal with French production and distribution outfit Alphanim and Jetix Europe’s licensing division for the hit children’s TV series Galactik Football. Developed by Beast Studios, Galactik Football passed its medical with flying colours and will play exclusively for Nintendo DS in June 2009.
Galactik Football is a fast-paced futuristic sports game where players are responsible for a young team of stars from the planet Akillian called the Snow Kids. The aim of the game is victory in the illustrious Galactik Football Cup, knocking out rival teams such as the Wambas, the Technoids and the terrifying Shadows along the way. Using a combination of traditional football skills and a range of special ‘Flux-powered’ super moves unique to the series, Galactik Football is a high adrenaline sports game that plays like nothing else on Nintendo DS.
Choose your team and battle your way through the qualification and knockout stages on route to winning the Galactik Football Cup. Skilful play will build up your Flux Power, which enables devastating special moves to both score and fend off your opponent’s attacks.
If that’s not enough to satisfy your futuristic football passion then challenge your friends to the all new Netherball Mode for one on one grudge matches with your friends! Galactik Football also rewards you for your successes on the pitch – unlock new clothing for your team, stadiums to play at and new balls and logos to fully customise your team!
Galactik Football will be available exclusively on Nintendo DS in June 2009.
For more information on the license please visit www.galactikfootball.com or contact Alphanim directly.
• Based on the hit children’s TV show from Jetix and includes the complete range of Galactik Football teams and characters
• Each team has their own home stadium, play style and Flux theme, while characters have their own set of skills, traits and special Flux move.
• Unlock new strips, stadiums, balls and logos throughout the campaign
• Single-player and competitive Netherball matches to challenge yourself and friends
• Earn Flux Power to unleash fantastic special moves and devastating attacks!
• Also includes a practice mode to help you learn the game, and a challenge mode to test and reward you
For more information please contact:
European Consumer Communications Manager
505 Games Ltd.
+44 (0)1908 607772
Galactik Football™ Alphanim. © 2009 Alphanim, France Télévisions. All Rights Reserved.
About 505 Games
505 Games, headquartered in Milton Keynes is dedicated to the publishing and international distribution of full price, mid-range and budget computer and videogames in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) markets and Australia. The current portfolio includes the best selling games Cooking Mama, ArmA: Armed Assault, Bust-a-Move and Armored Core and covers all gaming platforms, including next generation consoles like Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Xbox 360™. For More information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.co.uk
ABOUT JETIX EUROPE
• Jetix Europe is a leading kids’ entertainment company with localised television channels, programme distribution and consumer products businesses in Europe and the Middle East.
• Jetix Europe’s 14 Jetix television channels deliver a unique combination of action, adventure and cheeky humour for kids aged 6-14, in 58 countries and 18 languages, reaching over 48 million households. In addition the company has launched GXT a pay-TV channel in Italy targeting teenage boys.
• Jetix Europe is part of the global Jetix kids’ entertainment alliance launched by Jetix Europe and The Walt Disney Company (ABC Cable Networks Group and Jetix Latin America) in 2004.
• Through the alliance Jetix reaches over 289 million* television households in 80 countries and 25 languages worldwide.
*through channels and branded blocks.
Founded in February 1997 by Christian Davin, Alphanim (Gaumont Group) produces and distributes audiovisual and cinema programmes. Its catalogue, nearing this year 800 half-hours of quality animation programmes, confirms Alphanim’s position as a European leader in the industry. Catalogue highlights are GALACTIK FOOTBALL (52x26’), ROBOTBOY (104x13’), ZOMBIE HOTEL (26x26’), COOKING? CHILD’S PLAY! (39x8’) and SANTAPPRENTICE (52x13’).
VP Marketing & Licensing
+33 (0)1 58 64 55 65