FIFA 09 tops UK chart
Sales fall almost unanimously across the board in the first week following Christmas
FIFA 09 has topped the UK software sales chart for the week ended January 3, amidst falling sales almost uniformly across the top 40.
EA's sports title, despite seeing sales drop nearly 41 per cent, managed to displace Activision's FPS, Call of Duty: World at War, which saw it sales plummet 50 per cent as it came in second place.
However, the World War II shooter remained 5000 sales ahead of another EA title, Need for Speed: Undercover, in third place.
Guitar Hero: World Tour climbed to its highest ever chart position, up from seventh to fourth, while elsewhere in the chart Mario Kart Wii saw sales drop 60 per cent, putting it in eighth place.
Sega's Sonic Unleashed held onto its position from last week at number ten .
The UK software sales chart follows:
- 01. FIFA 09
- 02. Call of Duty: World at War
- 03. Need for Speed: Undercover
- 04. Guitar Hero: World Tour
- 05. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- 06. Wii Play
- 07. Far Cry 2
- 08. Mario Kart Wii
- 09. Quantum of Solace
- 10. Sonic Unleashed
- 11. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- 12. Carnival: Funfair Games
- 13. Gaers of War 2
- 14. Tomb Raider: Underworld
- 15. Prince of Persia
- 16. Mirror's Edge
- 17. Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures
- 18. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
- 19. Fallout 3
- 20. Wii Fit