Empire: Total War leads March US PC sales
Creative Assembly's strategy title knocks Wrath of the Lich king from pole position
Empire: Total War has topped the US PC sales chart for March, pushing out World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, according to data provided by NPD.
Blizzard's expansion slipped one place to number two, with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe taking third place.
Sci-Fi strategy title Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II settled in at fourth place, while World of Warcraft Battle Chest, and World of Warcraft came fifth and sixth respectively.
The Sims 2 Apartment Life came in at number seven, followed by another EA Maxis title, Spore, at eight.
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade took ninth place, while Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst brought up the rear at ten.
Full US PC sales chart for March follow:
- 01. Empire: Total War
- 02. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- 03. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
- 04. Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
- 05. World of Warcraft Battle Chest
- 06. World of Warcraft
- 07. The Sims 2 Apartment Life
- 08. Spore
- 09. World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
- 10. Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst
- 11. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- 12. StarCraft Battle Chest
- 13. Fallout 3
- 14. Civilization IV
- 15. Empire: Total War - Special Forces Edition
- 16. The Sims 2 Pets
- 17. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
- 18. The Sims 2 University
- 19. Call of Duty: World at War
- 20. Diablo Battle Chest