Hampstead, NC, 17 March 2009
Dominions players, the time has come to once again bask in the greatness that is Illwinter Game Design, for lo, they have released a new patch for their hit fantasy game, and it is good. Call in sick to work, play hooky from school, avoid your family and grab the patch and immediately start to enjoy all the greatness contained within the file.
The new patch brings the full retail version of the game to version 3.23, and like previous patches does a little bit of everything: fixes bugs, enhances gameplay, and brings a smile to the faces of modders everywhere. Some highlights of the patch include:
• Hovering over an equipped item and pressing "1" sends it directly to the lab.
• Turn generation crash bug fixed.
• Immortals weren't so immortal when it came to disease. Fixed.
• New units! Ryujin, Shark Warrior, Shrimp Soldier, Crab General, Tatsu, Shikome, Monk of the Fivefold Path.
• Improved cheat protection.
• Battles in Inferno, Cocytus, and the Void could not be viewed. Now they can.
• AI learned how to use the seduction, lure, and corrupt special abilities.
• Monthly site searching with spells stopped targeting when no more prime targets were available. Now it will search through less likely locations after the good ones have been searched.
• Improved spell messages for a few situation.
• Can now create a custom skybox for a specific province.
• Can now set a certain battle map for a specific province.
• Can now change the color of the battlefield in a specific province.
• Increased max number of effects per magic item.
• Modding command #com didn't work properly, fixed.
• And (of course!) much more...
To read the full list of changes and download the version 3.23 patch please visit the official product page for Dominions 3: The Awakening.
Dominions 3: The Awakening is a fantasy turn-based strategy game unlike no other. If you have yet to experience the majestic glory of the game here are few tidbits of information explaining why you should be playing this game RIGHT NOW instead of reading about it!
For starters many strategy games are limited to being playable on a Windows machine, or a Mac, or a Linux. Sometimes a game can be played on two out of the three, but all three is a rarity. Dominions 3: The Awakening supports all three. Win, Mac, Linux, play it on any and all.
Then there's the fact that most strategy games have rather low limits when it comes to units, items, nations, et cetera. Not Dominions 3: The Awakening. Three playable eras, fifty playable nations, fifteen hundred units, six hundred spells, three hundred magic items...and all that is in the original release. Since then everything has expanded thanks to all the wonderful support given to the game. Dominions 3: The Awakening is a game in which you will never be able to say you've seen and done everything in the game.
Speaking of support years after its release the developer is still releasing patches that enhance the content and gameplay. How rare is that in today's gaming world? And let's not neglect the wonderful mod community that continues to awe and amaze.
All in all many games boast that it's the last game you'll ever need, but in the case of Dominions 3: The Awakening it could very well be the last fantasy strategy game you'll ever need. It is available as a multi-OS CD and comes with a fantastic 300 page manual written by noted media veteran Bruce Geryk for only $54.95. To purchase the game please visit our online store, the Gamers Front.
Dominions 3: The Awakening is not the only great strategy game published by Shrapnel Games. Visit www.shrapnelgames.com for our complete catalog of independent titles of excellence with an emphasis on strategy. Wargamers will appreciate the recently released War Plan Pacific and the real time simulation Battle Group Commander, Episode One. Shrapnel Games has been serving the global gaming community for ten years and is looking forward to delivering more superb titles in the coming year!
For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol by using the following form: www.shrapnelgames.com/forms/contact_shrapnel_games.html
To visit our company blog go to: forum.shrapnelgames.com/blog.php
For all other information, please contact:
Timothy W. Brooks
Shrapnel Games, Inc.
8254-109 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28411