London (3rd July 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY® will be released across Europe and all PAL territories on 4th September, exclusively on the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system.
Celebrating over 20 years of world’s most popular adventure game series. DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY brings together the largest cast of FINAL FANTASY characters ever assembled in a single game. The most famous heroes and villains will now collide in a war that threatens to tear the world apart.
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (IGN.com Best of E3 Winner 2009, Best PSP Fighting Game) takes one-on-one fighting to a new action-packed level on the PSP. Through expansive 3D environments, players can glide through the air, dash along walls and perform summons familiar to fans of FINAL FANTASY. Complete with all the character progression and customisation expected from the series, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY truly delivers the action, spectacle and emotion of FINAL FANTASY in the ultimate portable fighting experience.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “With so many favourite heroes and villains contained in one game, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY is certainly going to appeal to fans of the series. The action-packed experience is a real showcase for the PSP and is set to become an instant classic on the system.”
For a limited time, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY will also be available at launch in a LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION, featuring unique clamshell packaging and containing a special soundtrack CD, Lithograph prints, Brady Games Official Miniguide and a 48-page The Art of DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY hardback artwork book.
About DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY – LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITON contains:
• Unique DISSIDA FINAL FANTASY clamshell packaging
• Full boxed copy of the DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY game
• DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD: The DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Best Selection Soundtrack Mini-CD includes a selection of music tracks from the game that are especially chosen for this Special Edition version by composer Takeharu Ishimoto. The Mini-CD will be presented inside a unique pochette and contain liner notes written by Takeharu Ishimoto.
• Hardback, 48-page The Art of DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY artwork book: featuring character artwork, CG rendered art and more from across the game production.
• Brady Games Official Miniguide: 32-page game guide printed in full colour, with character artwork, descriptions and walkthrough information – to help you win the battle.
• Exclusive Lithograph Prints: 2 Exclusive Lithograph prints, inside a unique DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY branded bandwrap featuring artwork not used to promote the original Japanese version of the game.
For more information about DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY, please visit the official website at www.dissidia-finalfantasy.com
About DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war.
Cosmos and Chaos were of equal strength. It was believed the conflict would last forever. However, the balance is now broken.
Those who answered Chaos's call created an inexhaustible force. And under vicious attack without relent, the warriors fighting for Cosmos started to fall one by one. The conflict that has continued for eons is now about to end in Chaos' favour.
The world has been torn asunder, sinking into a vortex of disorder. As for the few surviving warriors… their fates have yet to be determined.
• Experience the high-quality world and gameplay mechanics of FINAL FANTASY presented in action-packed 3D environments where players can glide through the air and dash along walls.
• Combining all-out brawling alongside RPG-style character development and customisation, an original system developed by the creators of the KINGDOM HEARTS series takes fighting gameplay to another level.
• Fan-favourite heroes and villains from the entire FINAL FANTASY series come together in one game for the first time in a remarkable new tale with fully-voiced CG movies and real-time events.
• Players select their favourite FINAL FANTASY characters, sided with either Cosmos or Chaos, to set the stage for their fantasy match.
• Accessible through "EX Burst", players can experience gameplay faithful to the originals through memorable battle features such as "Limit Break" and "Overdrive". In addition, long time fans of the series can enjoy the ability to summon Aeons and options such as the "command battle" system. Familiar environments and music from the FINAL FANTASY series also appear, arranged to make the most of the hardware capability.
• Continue the experience by trading Friend Cards, creating items and sharing AI characters with other players and even engage in virtual AI battles made possible by the PSP system ad hoc mode.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 47 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in London. Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries DISSIDIA is a registered trademark or trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. “PlayStation” and PSP are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.