Wolfire released its classic first person shooter Black Shades for the iPhone today. Fans can find it on the app store here for only 99 cents.
Black Shades is an intense first-person-shooter game about a bodyguard protecting a VIP from an onslaught of assassins. Originally created by Wolfire's lead programmer David Rosen (while he was was still in high school) Black Shades has been ported to iPhone by Henry Kropf with support from the rest of the Wolfire team.
• Use seven different weapons to take down the assassins, or use your bare hands to disarm them!
• Slow down time to line up the perfect headshot for instant kills!
• Use the shotgun to blast the heads off of hordes of zombies!
• Zoom in with the scoped rifle to take out enemy snipers!
• Watch enemies fall to the ground with realistic physics!
"It sounds impossible, but Black Shades actually manages to turn the generally plodding, infuriating task of the escort mission into something challenging, fun, and strangely replayable. And before you say anything, yes: the graphics do suck, and no, it isn't a big deal." -Destructoid.com
"The game does a great job of making you feel like a psychic bodyguard with very basic graphics and simple game mechanics, and that’s really something. It’s so satisfying when you catch an assassin rushing in with a knife, only to plug him with your gun… or when you spy a sniper across the street, and knock over the VIP as a bullet whizzes over his head." - Tigsource.com
For more information check out the Wolfire Blog: http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/02/black-shades-iphone/
and the Black Shades i-Phone launch page: