Atari today announced the launch of the official web site for The Matrix: Path of NeoTM, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Located online at www.thematrixpathofneo.com, the site provides Matrix fans and gaming enthusiasts alike with an in-depth look at the upcoming game from Atari. TheMatrixPathofNeo.com offers various Matrix assets including screenshots, trailers, character profiles, news updates, fan kits as well as exclusive inside information.
Highlighted sections of the new TheMatrixPathofNeo.com site includes:
- Behind-the-Scenes: Features exclusive concept art and inside information on the development of The Matrix: Path of Neo from game developer Shiny Entertainment;
- Characters: Offers 3-D renders and profiles on the primary Matrix characters, including Neo, Trinity, Agent Smith and Morpheus;
- About the Game: Outlines the main game features and explains the powers and levels of awareness gamers achieve as they follow Neo's path;
- Trailers: Houses all official game trailers and commercials;
- Downloads: Features one-of-a-kind buddy icons, wallpapers, banners, and The Matrix: Path of Neo Xtreme Desktop;
- Screenshots: The best collection of screenshots for The Matrix: Path of Neo available online;
- Weapons: 3-D renders and profiles of all firearms and melee weapons in the game;
- News: Spotlights the latest and greatest information on The Matrix: Path of Neo.
The Matrix: Path of Neo marks the second collaboration of Atari and its Shiny Entertainment development studio; the Wachowski brothers, creators of The Matrix trilogy; Joel Silver, producer of the trilogy; and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The Matrix: Path of Neo follows the story of the blockbuster motion picture trilogy The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions and for the first time allows gamers to play as "Neo" and become "The One." Alternative scenarios filled with new characters, content and storylines have all been written and planned by the Wachowski brothers to expand the Matrix universe and overall gaming experience. The Matrix: Path of Neo is available now at retail across Europe for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows.
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is a premier licensor and a developer of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including consoles, PC-based gaming and wireless applications.
About Infogrames Entertainment and Atari:
Infogrames Entertainment (IESA), the parent company of the Atari Group, is listed on the Paris Euronext stock exchange (ISIN code: FR-0000052573) and has two principal subsidiaries: Atari Europe, a privately-held company, and Atari, Inc., a United States corporation listed on NASDAQ (ATAR).
The Atari Group is a major international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software for all market segments and in all existing game formats (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony) and on CD-ROM for PC. Its games are sold in more than 60 countries.
The Atari Group's extensive catalogue of popular games is based on original franchises (Driver, Alone in the Dark, V-Rally, Test Drive, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc.) and international licenses (Matrix, Dragon Ball Z, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.).
For more information: http://www.atari.com
THE MATRIX: PATH OF NEO software and other aspects ® 2005 Atari Europe SASU. All rights reserved.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
TM & ® Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.