October 8th 2009 - The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript is the first ever game created about the life and work of Leonardo Da Vinci. Players come to discover and delve inside the mysteries surrounding the hidden enigmas of the works of the great genius. "The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript" is a major investigation and adventure game, a thrilling mystical quest into the heart of the Renaissance. It is now available for Mac OS X.
Valdo, an ambitious young apprentice working for Da Vinci's disciple Francesco Melzi, is extremely disappointed when the scholar suddenly dismisses him. However, shortly afterwards, he receives a letter from a mysterious patron, asking him to locate one of the great master's missing codices. To access Da Vinci's last residence, the Manoir du Cloux near Ambroise, Valdo tells its new occupant, a courtesan by the name of Babou de la Bourdaisire, that he is Francesco Melzi's apprentice and that he wishes to examine the inventions that still remain on the estate.
Under this cover, he starts to scour the estate: Babou's bedroom, Leonardo's workshop, the grounds, and dovecot, leaving no stone unturned. In the course of his investigations, he encounters a wide array of intriguing characters: Babou herself, Saturnin, a suspicious looking guardian, and the King of France himself. To accomplish his mission, he has to solve a series of enigmas devised by the great master himself if Da Vinci's inventions are to function again. On the trail of the genius, Valdo is no more aware of the secrets he is about to unveil as of the danger lurking in the dark.
- Total immersion guaranteed, through atmosphere, soundtrack and perfect modelisation of historic locations, such as the Manoir du Cloux, Leonardo da Vinci's workshop and the Chteau d'Amboise.
- A gripping, non-linear and complex plot, based on historical facts and extensive research.
- Meticulously detailed graphics with a total respect for history. Perfect reproductions of works, decors and clothing, recreated in collaboration with experts, including the management of the Chteau du Clos Luc.
- Complex characters with distinct personalities and hidden dimensions: Valdo, Saturnin, Franois I, Babou de la Bourdaisire and Leonardo da Vinci himself.
- The game's 14 chapters lead deep into the heart of the Great Master's Secret.
- Dozens of puzzles, based on Da Vinci's own work, requiring logical deduction and scientific knowledge.
- An interactive inventory system for collectables ensure a game that is easy to pick up.
- A Good and Evil gauge system: the player develops throughout the game adopting a positive or negative stance. According to the choices they make, players discover one of four possible endings.
- The portfolio, a game within a game, used by players to store manuscripts found along the way for printing, giving access to puzzles and clues.
- The player also has a journal to keep track of objectives, sketch the characters encountered and note down impressions about them.
- The developers's renowned savoir-faire. Their list of previous productions includes Return to Mysterious Island, Journey to the Moon, Secret of the Lost Cavern.
- The Secrets of Da Vinci: the Forbidden Manuscript is a quest back through time in search of jealously protected manuscripts.
The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript was developed in exclusive partnership with the Chteau du Clos Luc (formerly the Manoir du Cloux), Leonardo Da Vinci's last residence. The Clos Luc is today listed among France's most famous monuments. The involvement of the estate's owners guarantees the utmost historical respect of the game, and has enabled perfect modelisation of the estate and Da Vinci's work.
The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript is an Universal application and runs on Mac computers sporting Intel or PowerPC G5 processors. The game is localized in english, french, german, italian and spanish languages.
The game can be purchased as a download on Coladia's store and selected partners for 29,90 euros.
A free demo version is available for download at http://download.coladiagames.com/DaVinciDemo.dmg
For additional information visit the website at http://www.coladia.com
Based in Paris, France, Coladia was founded in 2005 by a team of experienced Mac developpers. Coladia focuses exclusively on producing and publishing video games for iPhone & Macintosh computers. With style and usability as its prevailing design guidelines, Coladia fully embraces the high expectations of Macintosh users.
About Kheops Studio:
Kheops Studio is an independent video games developer, created in 2003. Kheops Studio is specialized in adventure games on PC and has developed more particularly: The Egyptian Prophecy, Return to Mysterious Island, Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern, Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne.
Official Web Site: www.kheops-studio.com
About The Castle of The Clos Luce:
This is in the Chateau du Clos Luc, on the invitation of King Francis I that Leonardo da Vinci lived the last years of his life, working in its thousand of passions. Today, the Chateau du Clos Luc, dedicated to the restoration of the universes of Leonardo de Vinci in all its truths, invites the visitor to enter its everyday life and to discover forty of its fabulous inventions. In the Park, 16 gigantic machines, 32 translucent paintings and 8 sound points allow to understand Leonardo as a painter, engineer, architect, botanist, and brilliant inventor.