PlayStation Portable sales remained high in Japan this week as the console retained its number two position in the hardware chart for another week.
The Sony handheld sold 32,865 units, which was just over 100 hundred fewer than the week prior. The PlayStation 3 outpaced Wii to remain the third best selling platform.
DSi held onto its number one position with sales of 42,199, down from 49,145 the previous week.
In the software chart the top four placing games were unchanged from last week, with Nintendo's Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver at number one.
The top ten did see four new entries though. Rune Factory 3 entered at number five with sales of 41,000, Forza Motorsport 3 entered at number six, FIFA 10 at number seven and Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special at number 10.
Wii Sports Resort dropped one place to number eight, and Uncharted 2 sales dropped 67 per cent taking it from number five to nine.
The full Media Create Japanese hardware and software charts are as follows:
- 01 Nintendo DSi - 42,199
- 02 PlayStation Portable - 32,865
- 03 PlayStation 3 - 29,977
- 04 Nintendo Wii - 25,917
- 05 DS Lite - 6,550
- 06 Xbox 360 - 4,470
- 07 PlayStation 2 - 1,951
- 01 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS)
- 02 Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- 03 Tomodachi Collection: Friend Collection (DS)
- 04 Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders (DS)
- 05 Rune Factory 3 (DS)
- 06 Forza Motorsport 3 (360)
- 07 FIFA 10: World Class Soccer (PS3)
- 08 Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
- 09 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
- 10 Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special (PSP)