PlayStation Portable has topped the Japanese hardware chart for another week with sales of 43,163, according to the latest figures from Media Create.
Sales were down slightly on the week prior, but it was still enough to keep the console ahead of the Wii, which placed second with sales of 36,149.
The hardware chart remained the same as last week, with the DSi LL continuing to outsell the regular DSi, and the PlayStation 3 remaining in fourth position.
Contrasting the performance of the older hardware, PSPgo kept its place at the bottom of the chart with just 1738 units sold.
In the software chart, Namco Bandai took the top place with new release God Eater for PSP, selling 295,405 copies of the game in the first week.
Last week's number one Dragon Quest VI for DS was knocked into second position after taking a 79 per cent hit in sales to 189,802 copies.
Two more new releases into the top ten were Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International for PS3, which made its debut at number three, and Pop 'n Music Portable, which entered at eight.
The full hardware chart is as follows:
- 01 PlayStation Portable - 43,163
- 02 Nintendo Wii - 36,149
- 03 Nintendo DSi LL - 28,080
- 04 PlayStation 3 - 25,450
- 05 Nintendo DSi - 19,116
- 06 Nintendo DS Lite - 5410
- 07 Xbox 360 - 3651
- 08 PlayStation 2 - 2047
- 09 PSP go - 1738
The full software chart is as follows:
- 01 God Eater (PSP)
- 02 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (DS)
- 03 Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (PS3)
- 04 New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
- 05 Friend Collection (DS)
- 06 Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- 07 Resonance of Fate (PS3)
- 08 Pop 'n Music Portable (PSP)
- 09 Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
- 10 Wii Sports Resort (Wii)