Sections

Connect with world renowned investors

14 - 16 April 2021

Join the event

No immediate plans to delist Xbox Live Arcade titles - Schappert

XBLA cull put on hold says Microsoft's online and services boss

Microsoft's Xbox 360 online and services boss John Schappert has said that the company has no immediate plans to delist underperforming games on Xbox Live.

Earlier this year, Microsoft said that the company would pull games from the service which failed to meet a number of criteria, based on Metacritic ratings, time on the service and conversion rates from demos.

However, Schappert has said that such plans are now on hold, telling IGN that, "we have no immediate plans to act on de-listing," and that the company has simply "set parameters by which we can delist".

Originally the cull was to begin after the summer, although no specific number or titles were detailed.

The Xbox Live service has been criticised for a glut of low quality games and poor interface design making it difficult for users to find content.

However, the New Xbox Experience, set to go live November 19, is designed to improve ease of use, as well as add many more features to the service which currently boasts 14 million members.

Connect with world renowned investors

14 - 16 April 2021

Join the event

More stories

Microsoft tests removal of Xbox Live requirement for free-to-play games

Release notes in Insiders testing program say Microsoft will no longer require a paid subscription to play free-to-play games online

By Danielle Partis

Microsoft adds touch controls to Xbox Cloud Gaming titles

Over 50 games can now be played with an Android device instead of a controller

By Marie Dealessandri

Latest comments

Sign in to contribute

Need an account? Register now.