Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has entered the top ten all-formats chart in Japan, with the PlayStation 3 version debuting at number four.
Despite shifting respectable numbers of 93,000, the game was no match for New Super Mario Bros Wii however, which topped the chart for a second week with sales of 431,000. Nintendo's game became the fastest selling Wii game to date last week when it sold a massive 934,739 units.
Entering the chart at number two was Namco Bandai's Tales of Grace, and the eternally popular Tomodachi Collection rose three places from last week to number three.
The final new entry to the software chart was another Namco Bandai title, Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3, which entered at number five.
In the hardware chart sales increases were seen for nearly all formats on last week. Notably the best selling format, Wii, saw sales rise from 106,555 last week to 135,898, and PlayStation 3 went up from 57,782 to 75,086.
More PSPs than DSis were also sold - 71,885 compared to 68,184 - although the new DSi LL continued to do well with 58,006 sales.
The full Media Create software chart is as follows:
- 01 New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
- 02 Tales of Grace (Wii)
- 03 Tomodachi Collection (DS)
- 04 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
- 05 Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3 (PSP)
- 06 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS)
- 07 Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP)
- 08 Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- 09 PokePark Wii: Pikachi no Daibouken (Wii)
- 10 Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus (PSP)
The full hardware chart is as follows:
- 01 Nintendo Wii - 135,898
- 02 PlayStation 3 - 75,086
- 03 PlayStation Portable - 71,885
- 04 Nintendo DSi - 68,184
- 05 Nintendo DSi LL - 58,006
- 06 Nintendo DS Lite - 11,376
- 07 Xbox 360 - 10,646
- 08 PSPgo - 3,077
- 09 PlayStation 2 - 2,463