", says Simon Hellwig, Managing Director of Kalypso Media GmbH.
"Imperium Romanum II", the sequel of the hit strategy game Imperium Romanum" is a city-building game for PC. The player takes the role of a Roman patrician, a nobleman, who has just started his political career. His ultimate goal is to become the Governor of Rome.
Throughout the game the player can develop his game character by gaining
favor with various historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Pompey and
Octavian. The benefits provided by these relations are carried over not only for the rest of the campaign but also in free-build maps and multiplayer scenarios.
Imperium Romanum II" features completely new graphics, new buildings and environments, a new and improved economic system, an improved battle system and a comprehensive multiplayer mode.
", says Stefan Marcinek, Managing Director of Kalypso Media GmbH and adds
Imperium Romanum II" is scheduled for an release in March 2009
- Persistent Player Character - benefits gained from completed quests
are persistent and can be used on any mission, including campaign,
free-play and multiplayer
- Campaign that features 20 maps of historical cities and locations
- Patrons - more than 20 historical figures that offer additional objectives to
- Over 60 buildings & 50 units
- Ships and Islands
- New and Improved Economics
- Multiplayer - cooperative and competitive mode
- Enhanced battle system with standard RTS control of the squads
- Grand Monuments such as the Coliseum, Circus Maximus and the
- City States - famine, siege, riots, etc.
- Disasters - random disasters such as plagues, fires and earthquakes.
All such disasters will be visualized.